I'm getting slaughtered every week
#91 - John Tavares
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: [GDT]Week 7

Post by CAM »

hong57 wroteCOLONI'm getting slaughtered every week
I think everyone is. This league has achieved its goal of parity. Salary cap and drafting. Shes a crapshoot from week to week.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I think the phasing out of bridge contracts is what makes things more challenging for teams with a lot of young stars. Those players are going from their entry level into a big money long term deal. Mike has Matthews and McDavid at a discount for a couple more years and then their salaries will explode. Rapid-growing salaries can screw up your depth. The way to offset that is to backfill your roster with other guys on their ELC.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

at this rate McDavid is getting 20mil a year
#91 - John Tavares
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

ya hopefully I pick up some good players like I did with Matheson and toffoli in this year's draft
#91 - John Tavares
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

seriously, mcdavid is going to be max'ed out. His impact on the game would warrant more too
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI think the phasing out of bridge contracts is what makes things more challenging for teams with a lot of young stars. Those players are going from their entry level into a big money long term deal. Mike has Matthews and McDavid at a discount for a couple more years and then their salaries will explode. Rapid-growing salaries can screw up your depth. The way to offset that is to backfill your roster with other guys on their ELC.
The beauty about fantasy is that there is no obligation to keep stars to make your fans happy - mike will cycle those guys at the appropriate time and get a massive haul back... I wouldn't be too concerned about him haha - he'll be more than fine!
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106

Post by hong57 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI think the phasing out of bridge contracts is what makes things more challenging for teams with a lot of young stars. Those players are going from their entry level into a big money long term deal. Mike has Matthews and McDavid at a discount for a couple more years and then their salaries will explode. Rapid-growing salaries can screw up your depth. The way to offset that is to backfill your roster with other guys on their ELC.
The beauty about fantasy is that there is no obligation to keep stars to make your fans happy - mike will cycle those guys at the appropriate time and get a massive haul back... I wouldn't be too concerned about him haha - he'll be more than fine!
I'm getting fired if I trade JT or Ovi
#91 - John Tavares
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Has Benn and Burns new contracts to deal with next season.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

If mcdavid got 14 million in the NHL his trade value in bbkl wouldnt be that high.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

he's not getting that much... he's an RFA and he's 19. Let's not get too crazy here boys.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Gotta love those Sunday shut outs eh Billy?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONhe's not getting that much... he's an RFA and he's 19. Let's not get too crazy here boys.
If they want to go to 8 years on his next deal, you have "buy" his first year eligible years as a UFA. I think the minimum age for UFA status is 25.

Crosby's AAV jumped from $3.7 million to $8.7 million in his second contract...which went 5 years. I don't think it's crazy to think that McDavid to be an $8 million player in his next contract.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONhe's not getting that much... he's an RFA and he's 19. Let's not get too crazy here boys.
If they want to go to 8 years on his next deal, you have "buy" his first year eligible years as a UFA. I think the minimum age for UFA status is 25.

Crosby's AAV jumped from $3.7 million to $8.7 million in his second contract...which went 5 years. I don't think it's crazy to think that McDavid to be an $8 million player in his next contract.
I'd say it's more likely than not that he will go over 8 MIL aav.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The thing is Edmonton is nothing without mcdavid. Probably most teams in the league that could afford it would toss a max contract offer sheet at mcdavid. Edmonton would be forced to give him a ton of money. If mcdavid decides to get greedy he can have whatever he wants.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Totally agree 8 Mil+ likely but to say 14? not a chance.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Okay. When Crosby signed his he was about 15.5% of the cap limit in 2008-2009.

If mcdavid gets the same as Crosby then one could expect mcdavid to get around 11.3m depending on where the cap goes after this season.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

hong57 wroteCOLONI'm getting slaughtered every week
I guess that explains why you're 3pts behind the division lead :roll:

as for my team, only Assists this week it seems
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Okay. When Crosby signed his he was about 15.5% of the cap limit in 2008-2009.

If mcdavid gets the same as Crosby then one could expect mcdavid to get around 11.3m depending on where the cap goes after this season.
I would certainly think if he were to sign a Max deal they are going to have to make him the highest paid player in the league. What that number is going to be is anyone's guess, but anyone thinking he isn't going to get paid an obscene amount of money is kidding themselves.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to