BBKL power rankings

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

BBKL power rankings

Post by Bruyns »

30 - ARI - 159GP is making it tough to win cats.
Top 3 stats - GAA(16th) SV%(19th) PIMS (20th)
Worst 3 stats - SOG(30th) Goals(29th) Hits(28th)

29 - DET - Unfortunately this year has been more of the same so far for Scott. GP is pretty low and without his first this year it's not a ranking he is going to like.
Top 3 stats - hits(12th) fow(12th) SHTOI(18th)
worst 3 stats - Pts(30th) A(30th) PIM (30th)

28 - CAR - The self proclaimed worst GM manages to move up a couple spots to 28th in the power rankings. 2nd lowest GP with 168.
Top 3 stats - wins(T2nd) GAA(8th) SV%(11th)
worst 3 stats - A(29th) SOG(29th) hits(30th)

27 - CHI - Low point for them and will surely rise, but can't rank them any higher based on how poorly they have played in the first 4 weeks.
Top 3 stats - hits(9th) blk(13th) SHTOI(17th)
worst 3 stats - Goals(30th) +-(30th) pts(29th)

26 - NJD - Our newest GM has taken over a team that isn't built to compete this year, but has some decent skaters.
Top 3 stats - +-(9th) SV%(15th) goals(16th)
worst 3 stats - STP(28th) hits(27th) blk(29th)

25 - CBJ - Goalies not being dominant, skaters have been under performing and missing GP leading to a disappointing start for this bubble team last year.
top 3 stats - PIM(9th) SHTOI(9th) SV%(13th)
worst 3 stats - pts(27th) G(T28th) SOG(26th)

24 - DAL - A team on the rise and Crosby missing time hurt, still much more geared towards the future then the present.
top 3 stats - GWG(T8th) SV%(4th) GAA(9th)
worst 3 stats - FOW(30th) SHTOI(29th) A(28th)

23rd - OTT - A team with higher expectations headed into the season has seen his goaltending put up bad stats to go along with skaters that aren't doing enough to win.
top 3 stats - SOG(8th) FOW(13th) PIM(11th)
worst 3 stats - GAA + SV%(26th) blk(28th)

22 - PIT - This team has taken a pretty big step backwards this season, but with Trouba in his minors and two potential lottery picks the future isn't that bleak.
top 3 stats - SV%(10th) wins(T4th) blk(10th)
worst 3 stats - FOW(28th) PIM(29th) goals(T28th)

21 - NYR - High end players keep the team competitive, but lack of depth and too many skaters that don't contribute much keep this team down in the 20's.
Top 3 stats - PIM(1st) hit(11th) SO(T3rd)
worst 3 stats - +-(29th) STP(27th) FOW(27th)

20 - WPG - Not bad, but not great. Into the middle of the road teams that while possessing good players they don't have a lineup of producers from top to bottom.
top 3 stats - FOW(7th) blk(14th) SOG(13th)
worst 3 stats - A(26th) SV%(25th) pts(24th)

19 SJS - Another middling team that doesn't really excel at any stat, getting closer to the top 16 so very much a bubble playoff team if they can get some goaltending.
top 3 stats - STP(T4th), FOW(11th) SHTOI(6th)
worst 3 stats - +-(28th) GAA(30th) SV%(27th)

18 ANA - Doesn't seem right to have this team so high, but going off the first 4 weeks they deserve some respect. Regression likely makes it so they don't see this high of a ranking again this season.
top 3 stats - +-(4th) STP(5th) GAA+SV%(6th)
worst 3 stats - SOG(27th) G(23rd) FOW(20th)

17 COL - The gap between ANA and the next teams seems huge, but COL has been getting killed by it's goaltending and average skater stats aren't enough to overcome that.
top 3 stats - +-(8th) PIM(8th) FOW(8th)
worst 3 stats - SV%(30th) GAA(28th) SOG(25th)

16 EDM - The surprise of the season so far along with the Ducks are the upstart Oilers who have already knocked off a couple powerhouse teams with their all of a sudden dangerous offence and strong goaltending. Like the Ducks, this is likely the high point in the rankings for them.
Top 3 stats - G(T3rd) SOG(5th) SV%(3rd)
worst 3 stats - SHTOI(30th) hits(24th) blk(24th)

15 - VAN - Definitely a disappointing start for a team many viewed a contender in the West, but lack of depth and poor goaltending has this team struggling early on.
top 3 stats - PIM(4th) FOW(5th) SHTOI(7th)
worst 3 stats - W(T27th) GAA(21st) SOG(20th)

14 - MTL - Injuries to Eichel, Stone and Parise keeps this team from being higher in the rankings. Lots of solid contributors, but lacks high end talent.
top 3 stats - wins(1st) hits(6th) SHTOI(5th)
worst 3 stats - GWG(29th) A(24th) STPT(24th)

13 - PHI - Is this the year PHI finally makes the playoffs? Montreal's unsustainable hot start has inflated his goalie stats and the skaters need to improve if he doesn't want to drop in the rankings when MTL falls back to earth. Lack of periphs makes this team boom/bust each week.
top 3 stats - wins(2nd) SV%(2nd) GWG(1st)
worst 3 stats - blk(30th) SHTOI(28th) PIM(26th)

12 - TBL - Slightly better offence and periphs than PHI, but worse goalie stats has the Lightning as a bubble playoff team in a division with 6 teams fighting for 4/5 spots. 15 through 11 are all pretty tightly grouped together and could be in any order.
top 3 stats - A(6th) +-(3rd) FOW(6th)
worst 3 stats - SHTOI(27th) hits(23rd) blk(21st)

11- FLA - This team has taken a step forward this year and is in every matchup thanks to players that contribute across the board with strong periphs. Pretty crazy that the 11th ranked team isn't a lock for the playoffs, but the Atlantic is a beast this year again.
top 3 stats - SHTOI(1st) FOW(1st) blk(5th)
worst 3 stats - hit(29th) PIM(22nd) +-(21st)

10 - NYI - This team is nearing the end of it's run as perennial contender, but for now it's still top 10 based on Tony's tried and true formula of team building.
top 3 stats - hit(5th) blk(3rd) SHTOI(4th)
worst 3 stats - G(21st) STP(19th) SV%(23rd)

9 - NSH - First 4 weeks haven't been kind to Mik as his goaltending has been among the worst in the league and his offence is prolific, but not enough to overcome his teams shortcomings.
top 3 stats - G(1st) pts(2nd) SOG(2nd)
worst 3 stats - SHTOI(26th) GAA(29th) SV%(28th)

8 - STL - Another surprise team, going strictly off of stats they are ranked 3rd after 4 weeks, but get bumped down as they have to show they are this good for longer than 4 weeks and are one of the weaker periph teams in the top 10.
top 3 stats - G(2nd) Pts(4th) STPT(1st)
worst 3 stats - hit(20th) blk/FOW/SHTOI(19th)

7 - BOS - Coming off a rough week this team is used to yearly top 5 finishes, but is beginning to show weakness after multiple seasons of cutting cap and not having much for futures.
top 3 stats - STP(3rd) blk(6th) GAA(3rd)
worst 3 stats - FOW(17th) PIM (16th) hit/A(15th)

6th - LAK - The defending champ committed to getting younger at the expense of stats and while still one of the top teams the Kings aren't the force they were the last two years and goaltending is making their record look better than it should.
top 3 stats - blk(1st) SHTOI(3rd) GAA/SV%(1st)
worst 3 stats - +-(T28th) PIM(25th) FOW(26th)

5th - MIN - A model of consistency over the years, the Wild continue to be a well rounded team without any glaring weaknesses. This approach leaves them vulnerable to teams that excel in certain areas but being above average in everything leads to a lot more wins then losses.
top 3 stats - SOG(3rd) FOW(3rd) GAA(2nd)
worst 3 stats - PIM(28th) STPT(16th) GWG(T16th)

4th - CGY - A break out year so far for the Flames. Another very well rounded team that impressively has the record he does in spite of his goaltending.
top 3 stats - +-(1st) PIM(2nd) hit(1st)
worst 3 stats - GAA(27th) SV%(29th) SO(T30th)

3rd - WAS - The other break out team this season, the Caps are finally putting it all together and excelling. One of the few contenders with cap space this team could be even better if it wasn't for the GM's hesitancy to pay to improve.
top 3 stats - A(1st) Pts(1st) +-/blk/FOW(2nd)
worst 3 stats - GAA(20th) SV%(17th) G(9th)

2nd - TOR - For once Mike doesn't have his minors full of productive waiver exempt skaters, but his lineup is still elite despite dressing a few players who don't contribute much.
top 3 stats - A(2nd) SOG(1st) hit(2nd)
worst 3 stats - GWG(T16th) SV%(14th) +-(14th)

1st - BUF - If Paul can rank himself last in his rankings then I can rank myself 1st in mine. In all seriousness any of the top 4 teams could be ranked 1st after 4 weeks and I gave myself 1st since I have a better record then Mike, beat him H2H and had a tougher schedule than Thom. Strictly stats based Thom is #1 through 4 weeks and if he keeps it up for the next two weeks he will be #1.
top 3 stats - SHTOI(2nd) PIM(T4th) hit(4th)
worst 3 stats - +-(17th) FOW(14th) A(14th)
Last edited by 3 on Bruyns, edited 0 times in total.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Re: BBKL week 5 power rankings

Post by Bruyns »

Will post the rest tomorrow and try and do this bi-weekly.

Tons of variance right now since we have only completed 4 weeks so although some thought was given to the team overall a lot of the ranking is based on the early performance.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Good read so far!! Like it a lot!! Thanks Matt!!
I like the top and bottom 3 stats, i just got a quick read on my stats in fantrax too.. quite disappointing to say..

We should have a The BBKL star or The BBKL sun or The BBKL times to include all news and media and rankings produced by our GMs..
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The standings are the standings but it's interesting how everyone looks at the league.

I didn't do all the work I did this summer to get over with hockey gods because they sure aren't helping me. The lack of production at the wing position has been a big disappointment. Happy with my centers and my defense gets better now Del Zotto is back. Goaltending is meh...Miller has the worst goal support in the league. I was hoping for a small step forward this year but I guess that just means I won't finish dead last. I'm really hoping I can stay out of the bottom 5 of the league...doesn't look promising so far.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

I love this, thank you matt!!!
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Great read
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Great read, thanks Matt
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

niiice, looking forward to the rest
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

I love what Thom and Josh have on the go, it's nice seeing a few new teams at the top.

Mik is my mind is a #1 or #2 GM, he will one-day rule the top of the GM rankings (once he wins a title)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONI love what Thom and Josh have on the go, it's nice seeing a few new teams at the top.

Mik is my mind is a #1 or #2 GM, he will one-day rule the top of the GM rankings (once he wins a title)
hopefully in this life, lol
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONI love what Thom and Josh have on the go, it's nice seeing a few new teams at the top.

All optics for my team happened to have a hot start the year you were smart enough to downgrade to futures for the expansion draft
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

yea I'm 50/50 as to trying to push my chips in this year to win it all. I've benefitted from a hot start + lots of games
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

thom54 wroteCOLONyea I'm 50/50 as to trying to push my chips in this year to win it all. I've benefitted from a hot start + lots of games
you'd be a nut to downgrade. You have the hammer down, keep it going
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

thom54 wroteCOLONyea I'm 50/50 as to trying to push my chips in this year to win it all. I've benefitted from a hot start + lots of games
Ok Kareem
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

the boys are putting in the time this year - don't think we've had a season this active since I've joined. Great read Matt - love the idea of the power rankings!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Looks like i need to downgrade goalies
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONthe boys are putting in the time this year - don't think we've had a season this active since I've joined. Great read Matt - love the idea of the power rankings!
how many seasons have you been in the league? 2 before the current one?

those were probably the less active in BBKL history.. at least I think, not sure, more like asking opinions of other long term members.

Anyway, nice to see a turnaround seems going on
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

You're right Mik. At least about the last two years with regards to seeing this type of thing
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Thx btw Matt
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »