Fantasy Draft Strategy - Your Opinion

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Fantasy Draft Strategy - Your Opinion

Post by Chuck Norris »

I'm part of a Yahoo 4 year keeper league for the past 8 years. Were presently in a re-draft year #1. The league has the following scoring cats: (G,A,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA,GWG,SOG)(W, GAA, SV%, SO). For the past 8 years we've run standard Yahoo positions: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G. This year the commish decided to mix things up and cut 2 D spots in favor of 2 UTIL slots.

I have draft position 12 of 14 in a snake draft. Remember 4-year keeper.

In your experience and opinions how do you think draft strategy should change based on the fact we only require 2 Dmen come draft day. Do I make a run and target the elite dmen early because they will be so rare - or because the point difference between the top 4/5 Dmen and the 27/28 dmen is only around 20-30pts vs forwards have the larger gap?

What are your draft strategies when participating in a yahoo draft?

All thoughts and opinions are welcome
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Fantasy Draft Strategy - Your Opinion

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I'd say a steady strategy of go fuck yourself works in most cases!

....just kidding but I had to say it.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Top level scorers first. They are irreplaceable and if you don't have them it weighs on other aspects of your lineup too much. Especially looking at your format. Gotta be your top priority. After those first initial picks id take elite D if its available. Otherwise Id keep taking forwards until there is a defenseman who really stands out available, but ultimately with 28D total taken once you get away from those first half dozen or so guys the gap wont be massive. The Gap will be larger on forward as the draft goes on.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I'd put less priority on D, pay attention to when there is a run and try and at least snag a couple 40+ guys but I'd assume players like Barrie, Krug, Faulk, Rielly will be taken a lot later then the high end forwards and have 50pt upside.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Bruyns wroteCOLONI'd put less priority on D, pay attention to when there is a run and try and at least snag a couple 40+ guys but I'd assume players like Barrie, Krug, Faulk, Rielly will be taken a lot later then the high end forwards and have 50pt upside.
Agreed. You only need 2 D so unless you're getting Karlsson I would stack forwards and goalies then pick up some high upside offensive defencemen that go later on.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to