Welcome Loki, new forum Member.

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Re: Welcome Loki, new forum Member.

Post by Loki »

Haha hey guys, sorry for the slow response, it's just before 11am in Australia and I'm at work so I'm around but intermittently having to do that work thing as well.

I did actually use the name before the Marvel movies but now it's almost impossible to get the name on a forum because of them so happy to be able to snag it here.

My name is Brendon and I am from Australia, Melbourne to be specific. I've always loved hockey and played inline growing up due to the lack of ice in Australia but gave it up for a few years and just got back into the sport in the past 4-5 years more actively. Being able to actually watch games live now is a huge help to my addiction to hockey compared to my options as a kid so I've gotten back into things pretty hardcore. Been playing fantasy hockey about 4 years and performing well as I'm fairly passionate about stats and quantitive analysis as well as roster building and that side of hockey. I currently run a couple of more casual leagues but I'm also in a much more competitive league for the fantasy hockey podcast Keeping Karlsson. I fell one win short of the top tier last year and looking to try and win tier 2 this year and get promoted up. Love a competitive league that rewards knowledge and research into players and I've been curious about joining a more hardcore dynasty style league with a farm system and such for a while. Looks like you guys have got a really well set up league here and I'd be stoked to be part of it and give myself a new challenge and a better excuse to be so interested in prospects and lesser known NHLers.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

uhoh, he sounds like he knows his shit.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

thom54 wroteCOLONuhoh, he sounds like he knows his shit.
Wait, which way should I play it to get in? :lol:
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Kyuss won't like that you're using his player to promote your loki brand. He owns malkins branding rights. You're stepping on toes, new guy.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Fuck Im good at finding people
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Matthew wroteCOLONKyuss won't like that you're using his player to promote your loki brand. He owns malkins branding rights. You're stepping on toes, new guy.
Haha damn, I'm making enemies already. I should know better than to mess with anyone who knows this guy

Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

How dedicated to the league do you see yourself being? How often do you feel you would be around and what amount of time?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Loki wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONKyuss won't like that you're using his player to promote your loki brand. He owns malkins branding rights. You're stepping on toes, new guy.
Haha damn, I'm making enemies already. I should know better than to mess with anyone who knows this guy

Kyuss actually does look like putin.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Woah Matt you got Kyuss pics?
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Matthew wroteCOLONHow dedicated to the league do you see yourself being? How often do you feel you would be around and what amount of time?
I tend to check in and spend a bit of time in all my leagues every day. Time zone wise games are on here about 9am-10am so I'll usually double check line-ups in the morning before the games starts and check in with anything that's happened in US time zones overnight. Later in the day after the games are over I'll usually spend a while too doing a bit of research, thinking about potential moves and so forth. All up it's not uncommon for me to spend a few hours each day on fantasy related stuff mixed in with generally keeping up to date on NHL stuff in general all through the day. Something like this I imagine I'll have to focus on quite a bit to get the hang on things and the lay of the land. I don't imagine it'll be an issue but keep in mind that I may be asleep during some US daytime hours.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Welcome man
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Loki wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONHow dedicated to the league do you see yourself being? How often do you feel you would be around and what amount of time?
I tend to check in and spend a bit of time in all my leagues every day. Time zone wise games are on here about 9am-10am so I'll usually double check line-ups in the morning before the games starts and check in with anything that's happened in US time zones overnight. Later in the day after the games are over I'll usually spend a while too doing a bit of research, thinking about potential moves and so forth. All up it's not uncommon for me to spend a few hours each day on fantasy related stuff mixed in with generally keeping up to date on NHL stuff in general all through the day. Something like this I imagine I'll have to focus on quite a bit to get the hang on things and the lay of the land. I don't imagine it'll be an issue but keep in mind that I may be asleep during some US daytime hours.
Good Ill finally have someone to talk to during the day here
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Fraser wroteCOLON
Loki wroteCOLON
Good Ill finally have someone to talk to during the day here
Loki gets to talk to day drunk fraser
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Fraser wroteCOLON Good Ill finally have someone to talk to during the day here
Loki gets to talk to day drunk fraser
... yay? :lol:
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Welcome and you sound like you have the potential to be a solid addition to the league
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.

Out of curiosity, which team would I potentially be taking over?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

The team currently vacant of a gm is the new Jersey devils.

Players on the team currently:

Puljujarvi
Jaden schwartz
Ryan murray
Ryan suter
Jt miller
Rick nash
Tyler benson
2017 njd and Tampa 1sts and 2018 njd 1st
Etc

It has pretty good wingers and defense, with a good mix of vets and young players, however it is very weak at center, terrible in goal (howard) and the prospect pool is sparse. There is definitely work to be done. Most new gms begin with weak teams though, and I'd say this team is in a better position than many recent teams to be taken over.

It's probably a team looking for a bit of a rebuild, but it definitely has some nice pieces with which to work.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Ok great, that would be no problem. I figured it would likely be a team in a bit of disrepair and would need a long haul approach to get them competitive. Definitely some good pieces there to begin with though, but you know you're in trouble when Brandon Sutter is your 2C. (sorry Vancouver haha)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Brandon Sutter is your only C...

If you get this team you will need to acquire 2 centers before the season as we have a 3c minimum for the rosters, although u could run 1 or 2 centers to begin the season and still hit gp at the end of the year. But eventually you will need a couple more centers.
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Matthew wroteCOLONBrandon Sutter is your only C...
Yikes, yeah just looked at the Google Doc a little more closely. There's... some work to be done there
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to