BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

2016-17 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

Although I think I can tweak the layout some more after working on it last night, I'm at least ready to share the current layout of our new Google sheets.

2016-17 Folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

BLANK Sheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Detroit:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

*The Detroit is the working file that I'm using for my roster.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2016-17 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by Shoalzie »

"Picks" is the usual draft pick page but the new feature of that is that is references our league draft pick sheets. You don't have to enter your draft pick information, it updates when I update the draft pick sheets.

All these sheets reference a main player database sheet. The sheet contains a lot of information for each player from the Fantrax database but only the relevant information for our league is referenced into each team sheet.

*Keep in mind, the data entry for the main player database is still in progress. That work will probably still continue up until sometime in September.

The only information you need to enter on these sheets are on the "Roster" and on the weekly lineup sheets (ex: "Preseason") is the position and the player name. There is a hidden sheet on a each team sheets that references the entire league.

"Roster" is your team overview. You'll get all the basic player information along with the relevant contract information. There is also reference to if you player is waiver exempt or if they have been assigned a sliding contract (if applicable). Some features you might recognize if you're in ADHL (ie--logos and country flags). The first 90 slots are for your current roster. There's an additional 50 slots below that you can put the names of former players on your roster from throughout the season. Why that's relevant is your weekly lineup sheets reference "Roster". Any player you trade or drop, if you delete the names off "Roster", it affects your lineup sheets where that player was entered.

The lineup sheets ("Preseason") is fairly similar to what you've used in the past. The only columns you have to enter information is the first 4. "AAV", "Waivers" and "Slide" are referenced from "Roster". "Weekly Lineup" gives you the rundown of lineup based on "Role" and this is where you salary cap is calculated for the given week. You'll notice that all the available roles in the lineup are listed including C5, W9 and D7 along with 8 available IR slots and 4 available LTIR slots with 3 REL slots each. "Line Chart" on the right is traditional line chart that just lists the player names.

The roles are color coded similar to what is on Fantrax. The IR roles are in pink and if you enter "M" under "Role", those appear as green.

If you have any other questions, you can certainly ask.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Where you guys come into those process, I'm going to need a handful of volunteers to "beta test" these new sheets. I want to see if the referenced database is working properly and I want to know if the information updates in timely manner.

I will have a working sheet and I've already gotten commitments from Josh (SJ) and Dave (CLB). I'd like 5 more volunteers and please PM me your Gmail address so I can send you your sheet. You'll probably get your sheet later in the week. I want to get as much of your rosters entered into the database so you don't a lot of incomplete information.

This is a process...I want to make sure these sheets are useful for everyone and are easy to use. You will all have sheets by end of the month. The work on the database will still continue throughout this month and into September.

Thanks!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

outdone urself bro thanks
except the roster tab takes a bit of time to load
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

sent request for edit pk462a@gmail.com
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

You the real MVP Scott.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLONoutdone urself bro thanks
except the roster tab takes a bit of time to load

I need to test it as an outside user. The load time is a given...it's a matter of how long is too long.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Lee, Paul and Koomz have volunteered to be beta testers...let's just go with those three along with other three (including myself) as the initial run. 6 teams is 1/5 of the league.

I'll look over the Fantrax rosters to make sure I get your players' info imputed into the table. I'll send you guys a sheet in the next few days. I might do one more tweak before I send them out. We'll probably run this trial for a week or two before I get more teams involved. I'll continue to add info to the database and I want to see how these sheets perform. I'll look to find ways where only the most relevant information is imported to your sheets so it doesn't take as long to load. I figured that would be the challenging part of this.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Some serious stuff going on here!

This is going to replace Mike's googledocs from previous seasons right? One thing I would change is moving the cap info box back where it was, right below the lineup so that you can see it while you edit the lineup.

As for salaries, where are they taken from? I'm asking cause Fantrax doesn't use AAV but we need that figure in our googledocs and you do have salaries listed as AAV.

btw, roster doesn't seem to take much to load for me
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

General Fanager is my contract source.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Load times are pretty quick for me. Looks good Scott. Great stuff
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Hey Scott, willing to help out, joshd1289@gmail.com sounds great so far as well!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

k so... grant me access? wtf/
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'll send you guys a sheet in the next few days. I might do one more tweak before I send them out.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Awesome work, let me know if there's anything I can do to help, happy to be a bystander though.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll get you other guys in the next wave of teams. Obviously you're all going to get your own sheets eventually. I just want to do this with a small group in case there's some errors on the sheets and I need make a correction. I'd rather do it on a handful of sheets rather than 30.

Probably sometime tomorrow I'll send out the links to the beta testers and we can start to see how this thing will work.

I don't know if I made this point before or not but when you enter your player names onto the sheet, use the spelling used by Fantrax.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The first 6 teams (including me) are live...

I made a couple of final tweaks but I'm done messing with the layout.

The red "!!" is the warning for a player that has to clear waivers when you assign them an "M" under role...same as before. The green "!" is for any player that is eligible for a sliding contract. I'll assign the sliding status and that will appear on your sheets when we decide on who gets sliding contracts before the season starts.

Your draft pick page is live...it's referencing the league draft pick sheets.

Again, the database has got a bit of ways to go so don't expect a large number of your players to have complete data as of now. I will work on getting the players for the 5 beta testing teams completed over the next several days so you can work with the full data.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Looking great Scott. I know this sounds corney but you are a real positive addition to this league.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Hey Scott, doing some playing around now, it doesn't like cut / pasting data from cells, as you can see on my Roster page
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

mines kinda fucked up
missing values? only partial info shows up
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to