LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS thread

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!

Re: LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS thread

Postby dave1959 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 am

CC has also discussed and voted in the following:

850 Skater Games Played (to end of BBKL regular season) (to take place of 1100 including playoffs)

70 maximum, 35 minimum, Goalie Game STARTS (to end of BBKL regular season) (to take place of 82, 41 rule)

Will begin next season (2017/18)
dave1959

Postby Handsome&FairMike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Mike - Just looked at the new fantrax page... do we owe for this season or is it paid for?
It's saying money is owed, which I'm happy to pay for since I've been riding free for a couple years... let us know!
Handsome&FairMike

Postby Bruyns » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Expansion Draft Details

All protection lists are due by 7PM EST May 15th, Vegas can announce his team at any time afterwards, but must be announced by May 22nd at 7PM EST.

BBKL will be following the NHL rules for who is eligible and exempt with the exception of UFAs needing protection in our league. The 40/70 rule and minimum player exposure rules are also in play, but UFAs count unlike in the NHL. Kovalchuk due to his NHL experience woulld need protection, but Shipachyov would not who has no professional seasons in N.A. It should be straight forward, but any players that fall into a grey area can be ruled upon by CC if they are eligible or exempt. CapFriendly is the current source we are using and should be referred to if you are unsure on a player.

Positional restrictions:

3 goalies max
Minimum of 8 defensemen (max of 13)
Minimum of 14 forwards (max of 19)

Penalties to teams not meeting exposure requirements will be severe and handled on a case to case basis by the CC, but it is in your BEST interest to be compliant since there is plenty of time to acquire a player to expose if needed.

Continue discussion here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13131
Bruyns

Postby dave1959 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:01 am

REMINDER RE THE ABOVE ANNOUNCMENT re Expansion List

DUE 7PM MAY 15, 2017 EDST - (done on the Expansion TAB on your team spreadsheet)

Penalty - no excuses - YOUR ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE EXPOSED TO EXPANSION DRAFT
dave1959

Postby Nick » Fri May 05, 2017 4:19 pm

dave1959 wrote:REMINDER RE THE ABOVE ANNOUNCMENT re Expansion List

DUE 7PM MAY 15, 2017 EDST - (done on the Expansion TAB on your team spreadsheet)

Penalty - no excuses - YOUR ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE EXPOSED TO EXPANSION DRAFT

Looking at the TAB, how do you mark as protected?
Nick

Postby Loki » Fri May 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Nick wrote:Looking at the TAB, how do you mark as protected?

Put a P in the blue box
Loki

Postby Nick » Fri May 05, 2017 5:34 pm

ye I don't appear to have edit permission. But I am on some POS computer and seem to be easily confused by the stuff googledocs does.
Nick

Postby dave1959 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 am

PM Received From Nick

GM of Tampa Bay
Sent: Tue May 16, 2017 5:07 pm
To: Shoalzie kyuss Mike thom54 dave1959

Dear Mike & CC,

I am writing you to officially tender my resignation from the BBKL and my role as GM of the Tampa Bay organization.

While I greatly appreciated my time with the league, recent changes and decisions in organization have changed my position at the BBKL. I feel that it's best for my own satisfaction in fantasy hockey to focus my attention at a place that is fun, and not a headache, at every turn. I believe in keeping things prioritized, know I did so during my tenure running the league and have lost faith in the current leadership.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance during this transition. However I know Scott has the books in order, We (me too) already paid a good portion of the 5 year fantrax, and leave the incoming GM with a host of options with the competitive roster.

Sincerely,

Nick

(Please do not post comments here in the Announcements Thread)
dave1959

Postby Matthew » Thu May 18, 2017 8:32 am

CC has come to the decision that once Vegas Golden Knights make their first selection in the Expansion draft that No GMs including GM Tim will be able to make trades until the conclusion of the expansion draft reveal so as not to give unfair advantage or disadvantage to GMs whose selection is revealed at differing times in the draft.
Matthew

Postby Bruyns » Fri May 19, 2017 7:57 am

Effective Immediately, Tbone has been hired as the GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Sensfanjosh will be his advisor until June 9th, Tbone will require Josh's approval on any deals prior to that date. Tbone will have a trade freeze until the BBKL roster freeze is lifted, the short time period is due to previous league experience with the same stats and to give the opportunity to trade after expansion when there is a potential for trades leading into the entry draft.
Bruyns

Postby kyuss » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12062&start=80#p222329
kyuss wrote:From this season onward the Waiver Draft is scheduled to start on the second last Monday of September.

"second last Monday of September" for this year means Monday 18th, so September 18th is the date our 2017 Waiver Draft will begin.

Starting time is set at 9 a.m. Eastern.
kyuss

Postby dave1959 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:11 pm

REMINDER GUYS

You need to post CapFriendly link with your Free Agent posting, not just the name of the player

If not on CapFriendly yet, some other link showing he is a signed player.

DON'T BE LAZY...DO IT PROPERLY
dave1959

Postby Matthew » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Due to Columbus (Dave) making an illegal claim that put his team over 50 contracts during the season, the claim of biega is refused and the player shall go to the next team That submitted a claim during the 24 hour period, or if no other claim had been submitted the player shall be returned to the team originally waiving biega, the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Also, as per the following CBA rule, Dave has been fined a 5th and 6th in 2018.

5-2 : If a team is over the roster maximum they will be charged a 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft if a 3rd pick is not owned their next two highest picks will suffice
Matthew

Previous

Return to General Discussion