Trade freeze is waived as well so feel free to make offers
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Re: League Announcements Discussion

Post by Tony »

Tony wroteCOLONImage
I was serious, btw... what the hell is going on?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Arizona GM disappeared again, so he was eventually replaced
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

kyuss wroteCOLONArizona GM disappeared again, so he was eventually replaced
Okay... Is there a missing thread somewhere or is this the announcement?
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

There was an announcement in the official thread just got buried.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

This probably gets asked and answered every year... but for the rookies (Stutzle for example) how is it determined what position they start at?
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONThis probably gets asked and answered every year... but for the rookies (Stutzle for example) how is it determined what position they start at?
Fantrax default which I believe stems from position on NHL.com. I could be wrong on that.

https://www.nhl.com/player/tim-stuetzle-8482116
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Yep its never perfect... usually what they most played in Minors or wherever they are coming from. Early position update helps fix it.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Hard to say with Timmy because he played lots of Center in juniors and I believe he played center at the WJC, but NHL.com lists him as a winger and he likely breaks in as a winger.

Just looking for clarification moving forward so I know what to expect. This is my first time having a rookie that really mattered! haha
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The only players I'm concerned with their position assignment are players under contract. Prospects and free agents might not have a position but it doesn't affect the sheet. Players under contract need a position so you guys know where you can slot them in your lineup.

With Stuetzel, I use whatever Fantrax and NHL.com uses. He probably was a C/W on Fantrax to start but he'll be a W to start until he plays some games and we can calculate his FOT.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

So anyone who starts dual goes straight to wing, but if they show only C, then they start as C?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Mik did a mass update on Fantrax today so now any player shouldn't be listed as C/W. They're either a C or a W.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThe only players I'm concerned with their position assignment are players under contract. Prospects and free agents might not have a position but it doesn't affect the sheet. Players under contract need a position so you guys know where you can slot them in your lineup.

With Stuetzel, I use whatever Fantrax and NHL.com uses. He probably was a C/W on Fantrax to start but he'll be a W to start until he plays some games and we can calculate his FOT.
we calculate FOR = FOT/TOI and apply it only at first in-season update to BBKL-rookies who will have played at least 10 games
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

It seems a bit silly to allow Jordan Staal to go to IR who may rejoin the team when they resume play and miss the same amount of games as Svechnikov who isn't on the protocol list. Feels like everyone on the team should be treated the same regardless of if they're on the COVID list or not.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Jordan (VGK) wroteCOLONIt seems a bit silly to allow Jordan Staal to go to IR who may rejoin the team when they resume play and miss the same amount of games as Svechnikov who isn't on the protocol list. Feels like everyone on the team should be treated the same regardless of if they're on the COVID list or not.
Not sure there was a perfect solution to all this.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Jordan (VGK) wroteCOLONIt seems a bit silly to allow Jordan Staal to go to IR who may rejoin the team when they resume play and miss the same amount of games as Svechnikov who isn't on the protocol list. Feels like everyone on the team should be treated the same regardless of if they're on the COVID list or not.
Not sure there was a perfect solution to all this.
it's an easy solution, don't arbitrarily distinguish between players on the same effected team. If Carolina is on hiatus because of Covid cases, then any Carolina player can be put on IR/LTIR/whatever. It's unlikely we'll always have the information available before our weekly lock times on who has/does not have Covid specifically, but it's likely we'll know if a team is greatly effected, like the Carolina case.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

The games for Carolina will be made up at a later date. If we did what ur saying foofnik, any bbkl team who have carolina players will be at a pretty distinct advantage to their opponents (who don't own carolina players) in terms of gp (given the spot, that say, aho has would get my ir players gp, and doubled gp for aho at a later date).

It may be simpler to say that if a player goes to the covid protocol individually, then at a later date his entire team has multiple games canceled, then staal must be taken off of ir on the next roster lock.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Matthew wroteCOLONThe games for Carolina will be made up at a later date. If we did what ur saying foofnik, any bbkl team who have carolina players will be at a pretty distinct advantage to their opponents (who don't own carolina players) in terms of gp (given the spot, that say, aho has would get my ir players gp, and doubled gp for aho at a later date).

It may be simpler to say that if a player goes to the covid protocol individually, then at a later date his entire team has multiple games canceled, then staal must be taken off of ir on the next roster lock.
Reading between the lines: You can get this advantage by having exempt pieces & empty bench slots.

Seems like the more fair way would be to allow everyone to have this flexibility regardless of how many players are on their bench.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Matthew wroteCOLONThe games for Carolina will be made up at a later date. If we did what ur saying foofnik, any bbkl team who have carolina players will be at a pretty distinct advantage to their opponents (who don't own carolina players) in terms of gp (given the spot, that say, aho has would get my ir players gp, and doubled gp for aho at a later date).

No one knows if or when the games will be rescheduled. Will they be, probably, but we don't know that for sure. What happens when there is an outbreak with delayed symptoms and multiple teams all end up with mass Covid at the same time and there's too many games to make up later? Some games might be rescheduled in the middle of the NHL season, so during our regular season, others might get tacked on at the end, so our Finals matchup, or even afterwards perhaps. It's pure speculation and guessing to make these assumptions right now when no one knows how this will all play out.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Jordan (VGK) wroteCOLON

Reading between the lines: You can get this advantage by having exempt pieces & empty bench slots.

Seems like the more fair way would be to allow everyone to have this flexibility regardless of how many players are on their bench.
Isn't this the case regardless?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to