JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: League Announcements Discussion

Post by KapG »

foofnik wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONWhat about him makes you say such a thing
he's not in a position to draft him, otherwise he would be the next Gretzky
;)

Confident Paul is just trolling lol. Byfield is the total package. One underwhelming juniors tourney won’t change my mind. He’s also one of the youngest players in the draft I think (could be wrong). Even lafrenierre had a shitty first juniors iirc
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

just trolling
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Not sleeping on Byfield. It's just other than 2015(Jack Eichel), arguably a player that will eventually becomes better or at least equal than the #2 pick goes within the next couple picks in bbkl. So if u still got a chance if ur picking #5 to get the better player.

2017 - Nolan Patrick -> Petterson, Heiskanen, Makar
2016 - laine -> m tkachuk
2015 - Eichel -> rantanen, marner
2014 - Sam Reinhart -> Draistl
2013 - jon drouin -> Seth Jones, barkov
2012 - Galchenyuk -> Forsberg, Morgan Reilly

Obviously every year is different and byfield could also end up the best player in the draft at a position more valuable than Laf too.

I don't think anyone thinks byfield is bad, but there is a poll on HFBoards between stutzle and byfield, and it has stutzle ahead by just a few votes. So there seems to be a split opinion on those two amongst fans:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... d.2766312/
Last edited by 2 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

You can have the stance that byfield is very good player while not being the consensus 2. I don’t think that’s absurd while I may disagree.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Drouin and galch were 3rd overalls
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

kimmer wroteCOLONDrouin and galch were 3rd overalls
I'm talking about where players were selected in BBKL, not the wannabe NHL.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Being a great NHL prospect and being a player that projects well for fantasy can be two separate debates.

If I see an offensive player can play the "200-foot game" then there's possibilities for more categories being touched besides the traditional offensive numbers.

The earlier you pick a forward, you hope there's offensive upside but having a rounded game makes them attractive. Later rounds, you take chances on a big body with raw skill or is good around the net, a smaller player with playmaking ability and speed or maybe you draft a future penalty kill ace in the middle rounds.

With defensemen, getting offense is great but you hope the guy actually can do the basic things a defenseman is expected to do. I'd take a little less offense from that spot if you're getting great periph numbers.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Matthew wroteCOLONand waiting to be in consideration in the future for a different re-building team (hopefully that process will be smoother).
no, that's never happening now moving forward. he pushed his luck
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLONNot sleeping on Byfield. It's just other than 2015(Jack Eichel), arguably a player that will eventually becomes better or at least equal than the #2 pick goes within the next couple picks in bbkl. So if u still got a chance if ur picking #5 to get the better player.

Obviously every year is different and byfield could also end up the best player in the draft at a position more valuable than Laf too.

I don't think anyone thinks byfield is bad, but there is a poll on HFBoards between stutzle and byfield, and it has stutzle ahead by just a few votes. So there seems to be a split opinion on those two amongst fans:

Recency bias. Stutzle played on a top DEL team and was the go to guy for Germany.

Byfield carries a putrid Sudbury team and then had a poor world junior. Whiiiiiich isn’t all that surprising given his age and how Hockey Canada handles their very young players who make that squad.

I’d love stutzle too...if I had the 3rd pick
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Lee for Seattle!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Whoever gets the Seattle gig better stay beyond just doing the expansion draft. I feel for you, Jordan, than you had to inherit someone else's starting roster.

I don't think we'll get that position filled until 2021.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Byfield also almost a year younger too... definitely something to keep in mind. Still have Stutzle 2nd overall, but tough decision.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Matthew wroteCOLONNot sleeping on Byfield. It's just other than 2015(Jack Eichel), arguably a player that will eventually becomes better or at least equal than the #2 pick goes within the next couple picks in bbkl. So if u still got a chance if ur picking #5 to get the better player.

4 ova pick is available for 2nd ova if you add
#91 - John Tavares
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

8 + 31 for 4
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

kimmer wroteCOLON8 + 31 for 4
I'd take this and think that's a strong offer personally since I think 4-8 could be anyone. I also think Hong traded up to target someone so doubt he goes for it.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

why are we discussing drafting and trading in this thread?
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

dave1959 wroteCOLONwhy are we discussing drafting and trading in this thread?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Couple of these conclusions are debatable.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

KapG wroteCOLON

Recency bias. Stutzle played on a top DEL team and was the go to guy for Germany.

Byfield carries a putrid Sudbury team and then had a poor world junior. Whiiiiiich isn’t all that surprising given his age and how Hockey Canada handles their very young players who make that squad.

I’d love stutzle too...if I had the 3rd pick
Feel free to explain how Byfield's season was more impressive than Stutzle's considering Stutzle played in a more competitive league. And how exactly was Sudbury putrid? Pretty sure they won their division. If you like Byfield at 2 that's great and all, but in no way should it be a forgone conclusion that he should be the 2nd pick.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to