*ALWAYS USE THE TEAM'S CITY!

PICKS

Use the following format when trading picks:

2010 1st Rounder (PIT)
Year Round Team

WAIVER PICKS

2013 1st Waiver (PIT)
Year Round Team

Really appreciate the cooperation guys. It makes things a lot easier when moving trades over and recording them.

Thanks,

Shiv
Last edited by 3 on Robin Hood, edited 0 times in total.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: MUST READ: ALL GMs

Post by Nick »

Add in the proper abbreviations in the subject line -> then w/e witty line you'd like it add.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Great idea Shiv...I also think we need to make sure we spell out the players name in full and spell it correctly (for search purposes mainly).

facey wroteCOLONAdd in the proper abbreviations in the subject line -> then w/e witty line you'd like it add.
I'm assuming you mean (ex: TOR/PIT)? I like that idea too.

I almost think the trades themselves should be in a separate forum from the trading block. In the trading block, everyone should have one thread for themselves with their team name that they can bump anytime they have an update or something. It just cleans things up and makes it easier to reference everything. I know we all like to have our cute way to posting a trade or our trading block but we need remove all possible confusion.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

NY Islanders cool, or should I spell out New York ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nighthock wroteCOLONNY Islanders cool, or should I spell out New York ...
Spell it as "New York Islanders" only because there are two New York based squads, and it would be confusing if you both simply posted under "New York". Also Bcool could you type (CLB) as an abbreviation instead of (CBJ) only because I've used CLB for the last year +.

And thanks for the hard work shivsta, I've been really busy lately.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

You can't tell me what to do!
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

I don't know if we can work it out.. but can we have something like this?

When open a new topic in Trading forum, you can choose a prefix for the topic (you know like those in HFboard you can choose prefixes like OT:... Prospect info:.. etc)? Then we can make a few prefixes and for TRADE: maybe after i choose that prefix we can make the webpage load a standard template or something like To (pull down box choosing a team).... (ok maybe im asking too much i only know abit of excel macros and pascal and firefox that's basically it dun rmb anything for http).... and for draft picks if we wanna standardize them... is it possible to make a button like those on the top like when you click "IMG" it will have "[img/]" those? so when you click the "Entry Picks" button then it will auto insert something like 2010 1st Round (Team) .. so you only need to amend a few words but u can easily make everything standardize..

lol the more i type about it the more ridicious i think this is.. so let me stop here
#91 - John Tavares
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON Spell it as "New York Islanders" only because there are two New York based squads, and it would be confusing if you both simply posted under "New York". Also Bcool could you type (CLB) as an abbreviation instead of (CBJ) only because I've used CLB for the last year +.

Got it.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
fedro91
PostsCOLON 1473
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm
LocationCOLON Gatineau,Quebec
CONTACTCOLON

Post by fedro91 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Spell it as "New York Islanders" only because there are two New York based squads, and it would be confusing if you both simply posted under "New York". Also Bcool could you type (CLB) as an abbreviation instead of (CBJ) only because I've used CLB for the last year +.

can you read, he ask you if he could write NY Islander. He never ask you if he could write New York, LOL !!
So can he ? Answer the answer? don't answer something for the fun if it. I personally think it's ok if he writes NY Islander.

By the way Thx for the sig....
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

fedro91 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

can you read, he ask you if he could write NY Islander. He never ask you if he could write New York, LOL !!
So can he ? Answer the answer? don't answer something for the fun if it. I personally think it's ok if he writes NY Islander.
:D ahahaha
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

fedro91 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

Frank for mod.
fedro91
PostsCOLON 1473
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm
LocationCOLON Gatineau,Quebec
CONTACTCOLON

Post by fedro91 »

bills09 wroteCOLON
fedro91 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

Frank for mod.
I agree :D

By the way Thx for the sig....
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Just a bump to bring *someone's* attention to trade post expectations.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I think that the pick format should be updated, and enforced. Too much confusion from people not updating when picks are traded, and too many naming conventions being used when listing picks traded, making it impossible to search for them

My suggestion would be to create a list of team name abbreviations and post in the following format:

2011 1st PHI
2011 1st waiver PHI

Any other combination would result in 1/3 of a warning. On the 3 strike, an official warning be given. Not meaning to go all Hitler on people, but we are going into our 3rd year, and things should be easier to track.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

ppl still use CBJ... sigh

the devils shud be NJ, not NJD. lightning should be just TB, not TBL, same goes for the kings as LA not LAK etc..

ppl shud realize that the team abbreviations come from the city/state in which the team is from, not the team nomenclature. We dont see TML as Toronto's abbreviations, or CBH for Chicago. Only the cities in which more than one teams exist may override this condition
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

We do it for two reasons:

1) So that every team has a three letter abbreviation, it looks cleaner.

2) The NHL uses the same abbreviations in their box scores.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Or we can just use the full team name: "Columbus Blue Jackets"

Might take a little more time, but it's not that difficult and there will be less confusion/mistakes with keeping track of trades/picks etc.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bcool wroteCOLONOr we can just use the full team name: "Columbus Blue Jackets"

Might take a little more time, but it's not that difficult and there will be less confusion/mistakes with keeping track of trades/picks etc.
There shouldn't be any confusion now...And it takes alot more time, not a little. Our entire format to this point has been the same, if we were to change it now we would have to change the format of every trade prior to the change.
cliff11
PostsCOLON 2644
JoinedCOLON Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by cliff11 »

sounds good mom
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »