CAR/NJ happened, now its TV talk!

Negotiate your trades here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
jcarton

Re: CAR/NJ

Post by jcarton »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONI think he has some macro that for every single post it multiplies by 3...only reasonable explanation...
:lol:
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

KapG wroteCOLONyou losers should watch a real television series drama.

Try "The Wire" and get back to me.

Best show ever produced period.
bro, the wire is good. but the sopranos says hi.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

anton wroteCOLON

Sorry, sopranos was good for about 4 seasons and then it just turned into utter trash imo. Did you honestly enjoy listening to Tony fucking hiss oxygen into his lungs for 55 minutes per episode? I really didn't.

The Wire is absolute money for 5 straight seasons AND it has a quality ending (unlike the bullshit one Sopranos dealt up). It's no surprise that even though The sopranos may have won more awards, The Wire is often looked at and referred to as the best television drama ever filmed.

I've also been told by many Soprano fans that nothing can touch it. These people more often than not haven't seen The Wire and once they do I have found that most lean towards The Wire.

Anyways it's all opinion I guess right? everyone has different taste. I mean just look at all the people who read those fucking god awful Stephanie Myer Twilight books. Ughhhhh. Moms particularly!! :omg makes me sick
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Breaking Bad is sick
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

i'm not a fan of many of the shows you've listed... but then again... i liked House....

but i do watch some series, have been a fan of Criminal Minds for as long as I've seen it.... ditto with 30 Rock....

one thing i did not think i would ever admit publicly: I've recently seen 2 episodes of Glee ... and didn't hate it... and actually laughed at it

most of the high drama series, which require you to have watched many episodes and the such, really do not interest me.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

facey wroteCOLONi'm not a fan of many of the shows you've listed... but then again... i liked House....

but i do watch some series, have been a fan of Criminal Minds for as long as I've seen it.... ditto with 30 Rock....

one thing i did not think i would ever admit publicly: I've recently seen 2 episodes of Glee ... and didn't hate it... and actually laughed at it

most of the high drama series, which require you to have watched many episodes and the such, really do not interest me.

Homo
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

So what your saying Nick is that you basically like watching network television and all the commercials? I can't take it. But i'm with you on Glee, i watched it the other night and i didnt turn the channel. Im a big fan of the showcase, HBO type series. Or any show that i have recorded on PVR that i do not have to watch commercials. I get so angry being forced to watch that shit...I know, it pays for the shows, blah blah...I can still hate them...(unless they are superbowl commercials) :)
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONSo what your saying Nick is that you basically like watching network television and all the commercials? I can't take it. But i'm with you on Glee, i watched it the other night and i didnt turn the channel. Im a big fan of the showcase, HBO type series. Or any show that i have recorded on PVR that i do not have to watch commercials. I get so angry being forced to watch that shit...I know, it pays for the shows, blah blah...I can still hate them...(unless they are superbowl commercials) :)

i never watch tv... unless its hockey games... and then its likely pvr-ed in order to skip past commercials...

i watch tv shows online... they take like 20 minutes and are commercial free ;)
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I have completely different taste from everyone here...MY favourite tv shows are as follows:

1. Big Brother (all seasons)
2. Fresh Meat 2
3. South Park
4. 90210
5. Super Natural
6. Melrose Place
7. Glee
8. House
9. Friday Night Lights
10. Chuck
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

1. The Wire - altogether best show I've ever seen
2. Band of Brothers - my favourite characters
3. Lost - significant drop off, but the show I'd been most obsessed with at one point
4. Deadwood - Olyphant man-crush develops
5. True Blood - give it a shot, I was apprehensive about the whole vampire revival but this show rocks
6. Dexter - sociopathy is damn interesteing, even if Dexter isn't one
7. Battlestar Galactica - got a little bored as the seasons went on, but some great plot lines
8. The West Wing - love the dialogue
9. Jericho - great concept but the network killed it
10. Rome - almost perfect, would be higher if there were any sympathetic characters
11. Justified - my current favourite show, can't get enough of it
12. Friday Night Lights - haven't watched recent season, but Marleau's awesome
13. Firefly - needed to get some Whedon on the list
14. Californication - season one only
15. Supernatural - I know it's trash but I like it
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI have completely different taste from everyone here...MY favourite tv shows are as follows:

1. Big Brother (all seasons) never seen
2. Fresh Meat 2 never heard of
3. South Park you know, I don't even think of animation when compiling these lists. Scott Tenorman Must Die is my favourite episode of anything ever.
4. 90210 fag. it's ok, I like Veronica Mars
5. Super Natural ye
6. Melrose Place see 4.
7. Glee I watched a few eps the other day in exchange for my friend watching Justified. It's like a sports show/movie only the whole team is good already.
8. House I could do with about half the content of the show being cut out. Make the eps more like this season premiere, which was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen
9. Friday Night Lights Coaches daughter fucking around on Serecen makes me sad. Same with tall-ass chick on the ginger kid.
10. Chuck Got bored this season, haven't watched much of it, didn't like that he was all awesome now.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Band of Brothers
The Pacific
South Park
Metalocalypse
Breaking Bad
Lost
Dexter
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Since we're measuring dicks here ...

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Anything with Gordan Ramsay
Rescue Me
Dexter
Family Guy
South Park

Really the only shows I can't miss ... have all the DVDs for Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica and Firefly as well. Good stuff ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I completely forgot about Vampire Diaries and Desperate Housewives, I fucking love those shows, IMO Vampire Diaries is the best storyline on TV today.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Fuck, and here I thought I didn't have a life anymore being married and everything. You guys make me feel good about myself.

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI completely forgot about Vampire Diaries and Desperate Housewives, I fucking love those shows, IMO Vampire Diaries is the best storyline on TV today.
Dude it freaks me out how you watch all the same shows as the girl im currently seeing.......
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

KapG wroteCOLON
anton wroteCOLON

Sorry, sopranos was good for about 4 seasons and then it just turned into utter trash imo. Did you honestly enjoy listening to Tony fucking hiss oxygen into his lungs for 55 minutes per episode? I really didn't.

The Wire is absolute money for 5 straight seasons AND it has a quality ending (unlike the bullshit one Sopranos dealt up). It's no surprise that even though The sopranos may have won more awards, The Wire is often looked at and referred to as the best television drama ever filmed.

I've also been told by many Soprano fans that nothing can touch it. These people more often than not haven't seen The Wire and once they do I have found that most lean towards The Wire.

Anyways it's all opinion I guess right? everyone has different taste. I mean just look at all the people who read those fucking god awful Stephanie Myer Twilight books. Ughhhhh. Moms particularly!! :omg makes me sick
seasons 1 and 3 of the wire were better than any single season of the sopranos, i give you that. but overall consistency and "holy fuck i dont wanna stop watching...its 3 am but i need to watch 1 more" ability...sopranos wins hands down.

seasons 2 and 5 of the wire were a drag. season 4 is pretty alright.

seasons 1-4 of the sopranos were all great. season 5 dipped a bit, then season 6 was back to quality.

overall i guess i'd say the wire has probably the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows for both shows. sopranos was more consistent and overall better imo.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

bills09 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI completely forgot about Vampire Diaries and Desperate Housewives, I fucking love those shows, IMO Vampire Diaries is the best storyline on TV today.
Dude it freaks me out how you watch all the same shows as the girl im currently seeing.......
Ouch, that is creepy man..

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bills09 wroteCOLON
All my buddies say that, until they actually watch the show...Vampire Diaries is not some chick flick, but for some reason people view it that way, and Desperate Housewives is just awesome, interesting storylines and a funny script.
jcarton

Post by jcarton »

Jesus good thing my girlfriend watches hockey, all we watch is sports basically, and highlights over and over again, but the shows i like is operation repo, criminal minds and sopranos, those are the main ones
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to