Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Detroit Trading Block: 2021 Offseason

Post by Shoalzie »

Andre Burakovsky: Final year of a $4.9 million cap hit; based on his two shortened seasons in Colorado, he projects out 29 goals and 65 points over a full 82 games.

Preferred return: forward downgrade + picks/futures

Josh Archibald: Final year of a $1.5 million cap hit; finished 2nd to Brady Tkachuk in hits last season amongst wingers; averages 2.8 hits per game over his past 3 seasons and he kills penalties.

Preferred return: (minimum) 2nd round value

Future offseason plans:
  • Will look to move Ryan Getzlaf if he plays in '21-22.
  • May need a backup/second NHL goalie.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Detroit Trading Block: 2021 Offseason

Post by Shoalzie »

So, we're past the draft(s) and free agency starts tomorrow...my offseason plans are still the same.

Burakovsky and Archibald are guys I'd like to move. We'll see what happens with Getzlaf. The mission of this offseason is to move out players with good value that have digestible contracts.

I wasn't planning to make any huge moves on defense but obviously Ekman-Larsson going to Vancouver is intriguing from a value standpoint. It's a tough contract to move...I'm looking at him and van Riemsdyk as guys with value but might be difficult to move in this current financial climate.

Talbot is a stable goalie option heading into the season but I'm willing to wait it out with how I plan to round out my goaltending tandem.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to