2020 LAK 2nd + Andrew Nielsen

for

An NHL goalie
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Goalie

Post by CasperX22 »

Have Chicago tandem, but not for this package.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

You rarely make fair offers so I highly doubt I'd be interested in mediocre goalies at the price you want.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Aren't you a fine one to talk? Lol! And I traded Carter Hutton for Dumoulin, so seems I'm pretty fair. But hey if you want to act like a jackass so be it.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Ok.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

that went along quickly and smooth (reaaaal smooth) lol
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Another thread from a team that was too cheap to acquire Rinne. I am loving this.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

0 interest in paying as much as you wanted for Rinne. I'm a handful of points out of 5th overall in the league with the lowest GGP. Doing just fine without him.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Until u get to the playoffs...
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

What do you know about the playoffs, Paul? You've been in perpetual rebuild mode for going on 9 years.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLON0 interest in paying as much as you wanted for Rinne. I'm a handful of points out of 5th overall in the league with the lowest GGP. Doing just fine without him.
Well you certainly aren't going to get an NHL goalie for the price you want to pay. That 2nd round pick is 5-7 years away from being worth anything and Andrew Nielsen suuuuuucks. Should have just paid up a little more for Rinne.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

And Rinne will be out of the league long before then.

I'm really trying very hard not to be toxic but this shit makes it easy. Yeah, the shot at casper was probably uncalled for but when you get 3 messages almost immediately asking for Saros, Kotka and others for mediocre goaltenders, then "oh, well you should have just paid a tonne for this goaltender who has a foot in the career grave", like.. no. im not interested in him at that price. is it really that fucking hard to take no for an answer?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Now i know what it feels to b on the other side of this. Shits funny as hell when watching someone lose it online lol
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLONAnd Rinne will be out of the league long before then.

I'm really trying very hard not to be toxic but this shit makes it easy. Yeah, the shot at casper was probably uncalled for but when you get 3 messages almost immediately asking for Saros, Kotka and others for mediocre goaltenders, then "oh, well you should have just paid a tonne for this goaltender who has a foot in the career grave", like.. no. im not interested in him at that price. is it really that fucking hard to take no for an answer?
I'm not complaining - Rinne found himself a nice home. You're the one looking for a goalie here. I'm just saying that paying a tad more then what you are offering here for Rinne would have made this thread a moot point. I mean, it's not like I ever asked for your top prospects...
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

No you asked for a 28 year old player coming off a 40 point season, a 26 year old who, at the time, was in line for back up duty in Chicago and one of the top US hockey goaltending prospects.

You ended up getting: a 37 year old goaltender and a 28 year old dman who is fading into irrelevancy and a 3rd round pick
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLONNo you asked for a 28 year old player coming off a 40 point season, a 26 year old who, at the time, was in line for back up duty in Chicago and one of the top US hockey goaltending prospects.

You ended up getting: a 37 year old goaltender and a 28 year old dman who is fading into irrelevancy and a 3rd round pick
Boedker sucks - he's a GP piece. Petruzelli is not a top US college goalie lol - come on. And Forsberg was always going to be the #3 - you just invented the idea in your head that he was something better than he is.

I'll admit that my trade with Florida is not looking particularly spectacular as Kuli can't stay healthy. He is still young though. He'll bounce back. Got my GP piece in Anderson and a draft pick. The package that I wanted from you was a tad better, but let's not try and make it sound like I was asking for the moon.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Hmmmm

https://quinnipiacbobcats.com/news/2018 ... wcase.aspx

As far as Boedker goes, he would have been 2nd on your team in scoring last year.

Cam Ward is not a better option than Forsberg. Last year, Forsberg was in his first pro season and put up 2.97 and .908 while being thrust into a starter role. This year, Cam Ward is 3.81 and .891 .It was a bad decision by management that they are stuck with, for now.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

That's actually not a lot for a starting goalie (the boedker package)
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Lee wroteCOLONHmmmm

https://quinnipiacbobcats.com/news/2018 ... wcase.aspx - He's probably 4th best on that list - and let's remember that this is for the juniors. Plenty of goalie prospects not even on that list that would be well ahead of him.

As far as Boedker goes, he would have been 2nd on your team in scoring last year. That's not saying much. My team sucks.

Cam Ward is not a better option than Forsberg. Last year, Forsberg was in his first pro season and put up 2.97 and .908 while being thrust into a starter role. This year, Cam Ward is 3.81 and .891 .It was a bad decision by management that they are stuck with, for now. Both are bad options. Forsberg isn't even the first call-up in Chicago anymore.
My answers in bold.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONThat's actually not a lot for a starting goalie (the boedker package)
I didn't think so either...
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to