Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Detroit Trading Block: 2018-19

Post by Shoalzie »

Not a great start to the season but just a couple of productive weeks away from getting where I want to be in the standings. I should have van Riemsdyk and Green back fairly soon. I've got a top-heavy roster and goaltending has been volatile in the early-going.

Only thing on my shopping list is a bottom six winger. I don't really need offense...just a winger that can chip in with hits and/or SHTOI. I'd prefer someone who is at least playing regularly each night...not concerned if they're only playing 10 minutes or less, just want some steady play. Really missing a guy like Daniel Winnik who was a decent fourth liner for the Wild last year but couldn't find a NHL gig this year.

I don't have much in the way of picks or prospects so I'll have to be creative with a deal.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Detroit Trading Block: 2018-19

Post by Matthew »

Jt brown
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I knew you'd say that.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI knew you'd say that.
Lololololol

Pyatt and nieto
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm getting names thrown at me here and through PM...how about I say which player could I get for a 3rd round pick (2019 DAL or 2020 DET)? I'd prefer to not move him but would anyone have interest in Pierre Engvall?
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Engvall looks like a good 2/3 liner. A big body that the Leafs DESPERATELY need. I'm interested!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Just throwing this out there for teams looking to add prior to our deadline...if my team continues to flounder in the bottom third of the league, I may consider selling. I will ride this out to the end of 2018. Come January I'll make a final decision on this group.

Potential players on the block:
Mike Green
Adam Henrique
Kris Letang
Evgeni Malkin
Thomas Vanek

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins could be on the move but it would have to be the perfect deal. Top prospect(s) and/or 1st rounder(s) is a must in the deal. I'd prefer to hang onto him but I'll listen to offers.

What I may opt for is some 2-for-1 deals or a downgrade + futures for any of the veterans. I don't own my 1st in the next two seasons so getting worse isn't what I want. I just might shake up the top of my lineup and see what happens.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So we're well into 2019...I'm kinda hanging in the wild card race but I'm probably at the bottom of the list of teams in that mix. I enter this week 65 points behind Chris for WC2 in the East. I don't think I have a team capable of making a big push over these last handful of weeks.

I'll open up any bidding on the five players I mentioned above. I'm not selling them outright, I'd like to make "hockey trades" where I can still compete but improve the depth and balance on my roster. Vanek might be the only guy I'd be open to moving for futures. He's 34 on a relatively cheap contract and doesn't do much beyond offense.

As for Nugent-Hopkins, I don't really want to move him but everyone has a price...still has to be a perfect deal to pull the trigger.

My biggest need right now is depth on defense. If I move Letang or Green, an NHL defenseman (or two) would be preferred as part of any return.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Vanek is still available...can go for draft picks if the return is right.

Still open to moving Letang. I'm thin on defense so if I could do a 1-for-2 swap on defense, I'm interested in that idea. A veteran downgrade + a young NHL defenseman + futures is I'd like in return.

Nugent-Hopkins is probably not going to be moved unless you overpay.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Get in on Letang if you're interested...some positive talks with teams going on. This'll go into the weekend...not in a rush to make an immediate move.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Available players ahead of the deadline:

Kyle Brodziak -- Leads my team in faceoffs and still has a year on his contract. Only dangling him because of his age. -- Asking price: Younger bottom six center and/or futures

Mike Green -- Still plays quite a bit on the power play but his best numbers seem to come at even strength. -- Asking price: Defenseman downgrade plus futures

Evgeni Malkin -- I figure he could more likely be moved this summer rather than now...just checking to see how aggressive a contender might be. -- Asking price: 2 NHLers plus futures

Reilly Smith -- Hasn't been on my team for long but I figure I'd dangle him briefly just like Malkin. -- Asking price: Winger downgrade plus NHL defenseman

Thomas Vanek -- Seems likely he stays in Detroit but always seems to end up being traded this time of year. -- Asking price: Futures
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Dowd for Brodziak
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

I'd offer on Malkin, but I can't in good conscience ever roster that punk bitch.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Check out his wife’s Instagram
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Why the fuck do u keep askin for bottom six players? Lol
Doesnt help ur team gey stronger now or later lol
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Would you give up a top 6 center for Brodziak?
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

He wants a young top6 C for Schultz, but paid a 2nd for A 7th D
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

No
Im sayin
Why u cycling a bad bottom six for another bottom six. Is this some sorta roulette
Just wait with ur picks instead of constantly paying for eg. brod + 3rd for another scrub bottom sixer. Ur losing picks fast and ur not exactly top 10 team of league nor will u sustain competitiveness like LAK NSH with loads of prospects and picks on the side. Think on what im sayin
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's about filling a role in my lineup. Those 3rd or 4th line centers can pesky to find. If i
I had a replacement in-house, I'd trade Brodziak for picks. For now, I'd rather find a younger version of him to stay on my roster longer or have resale value. The window on Brodziak is closing.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to