BUTTON_POST_REPLY
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Chicago Off-Season Trade Block

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONTo be fair, Fleury literally won me the first 3 rounds of our playoffs. I lost because Matt's entire team was stronger than mine.
Was not including your team - you acquired a good goalie - on par with Rinne throughout the year.
Crazy, 3 other teams were in on him.

I'm not even sure who it would be? Mik(Nsh), Vegas and Will (Dal) would be my guesses.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONTo be fair, Fleury literally won me the first 3 rounds of our playoffs. I lost because Matt's entire team was stronger than mine.
Was not including your team - you acquired a good goalie - on par with Rinne throughout the year.
Crazy, 3 other teams were in on him.

I'm not even sure who it would be? Mik(Nsh), Vegas and Will (Dal) would be my guesses.
I had discussions with at least 5-6 teams, but only three where offers were ''on the table'' before they decided to go with lesser options. I won't name teams unless they wish to discuss publicly as you have.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLONI would have taken Rinne over Mrazek for my playoff run if the asking price wasn't Price +.
I really can't justify doing a straight swap of Price for Rinne. You said that you would never pay 7m for ok Rinne, so by that logic nobody in their right minds would ever pay 10.5 for sack of shit Price. No way in the hell do I stick myself with that contract moving forward - even if he rebounds, he'll never have any value.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Whoever owns Price better hope he rebounds. Otherwise, you have a really expensive cap dump.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONWhoever owns Price better hope he rebounds. Otherwise, you have a really expensive cap dump.
Even if he does. 10.5 for a goalie with consistency and injury issues - who plays behind one of the worst teams in the NHL? Hard pass.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLONI would have taken Rinne over Mrazek for my playoff run if the asking price wasn't Price +.
I really can't justify doing a straight swap of Price for Rinne. You said that you would never pay 7m for ok Rinne, so by that logic nobody in their right minds would ever pay 10.5 for sack of shit Price. No way in the hell do I stick myself with that contract moving forward - even if he rebounds, he'll never have any value.
My comment was in context of his real contract and what I'd do as a real NHL GM. Yes 7M for his fantasy stat line this year is great, which I previously made clear.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Well, in Price's previous 4 seasons he averaged a. 928 sv percentage which is more than can be said for Rinne. He's also been mostly healthy throughout his career. His cap hit and playing on an awful team though are for sure both detriments to his value.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
My comment was in context of his real contract and what I'd do as a real NHL GM. Yes 7M for his fantasy stat line this year is great, which I previously made clear.
And you thought that Rinne at 7 vs Price at 10.5 would be a fair trade? With that contract, Price retires in MTL unless he is traded with 50% retention.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Was Price offered 1-1 for Rinne?
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
And you thought that Rinne at 7 vs Price at 10.5 would be a fair trade?
I'd lose a 1 for 1 swap of the two. You're a rebuilder. Even if Price isn't a top 5 goalie in the league he will be a guaranteed starter for years to come. But it doesn't matter what he is you just need a body. There is no security with Rinne after next year and you could end up with nothing.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONWas Price offered 1-1 for Rinne?
I won't reveal the details of the convo but I inquired on Rinne and he was insistent on adds to Price so it didn't get very far.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

I think asking for an add to Rinne wouldve been fair. Now obviously that depends on what type of add he was asking for.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONI think asking for an add to Rinne wouldve been fair. Now obviously that depends on what type of add he was asking for.
I don't recall what the + was and I deleted the conversation.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
And you thought that Rinne at 7 vs Price at 10.5 would be a fair trade?
I'd lose a 1 for 1 swap of the two. You're a rebuilder. Even if Price isn't a top 5 goalie in the league he will be a guaranteed starter for years to come. But it doesn't matter what he is you just need a body. There is no security with Rinne after next year and you could end up with nothing.
I'm not too worried about losing out on goaltending. The prices for crappy ones aren't that steep. I'll just grab a guy like Mrazek off the scrap pile when the time comes. 8-)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Id take price over rinne easily. Their histories and age are just really big in that scenario.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONId take price over rinne easily. Their histories and age are just really big in that scenario.
Given your goalies, I`d say you would take just about anyone right now :lol:
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

True.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONTrue.
It's one of the best kept secrets in BBKL, but Rinne is available. Act now while you still can.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONTrue.
It's one of the best kept secrets in BBKL, but Rinne is available. Act now while you still can.
I only need a gp goalie. No point in paying a superstar price for "the best goalie in bbkl" :-D

#rebuilderlyfe
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Good luck in that quest.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to