Chicago Off-Season Trade Block

Negotiate your trades here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Chicago Off-Season Trade Block

Post by CasperX22 »

Because the transition to Saros will start at some point. Most likely they split the starts if he isn't moved this summer.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

And Pekka will still shine when he plays because he is good
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONAnd Pekka will still shine when he plays because he is good
Subtract this year and he hasn’t been good for a while.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Please tell me what it takes to be a good fantasy goalie in your eyes. Because Pekka's been one of the best for years, minus a bleep here or there as is standard with most goalies.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON
Please tell me what it takes to be a good fantasy goalie in your eyes. Because Pekka's been one of the best for years, minus a bleep here or there as is standard with most goalies.
Below average sv% for many years. His wins make him fantasy valuable which is attributed to NSH as a team not individual performance. If NHL had free cuts like NFL I’d imagine Rinne would have been cut a few years ago.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I wouldnt say its his stats that decrease his value but age and contract, at this point. Hes still a good goalie. Just half the league is rebuilding and most competing teams either have goalies or cant afford that contract. There is a very small or even nil amount of gms willing to pay a significant amount for this goalie. Id rather pay a 1st for a young potential starter with upside than blow my load on a goalie with 1-3 years left in his career and once that time is up won't be easily retradable.

But we cant argue he isnt good...hes likely winning the vezina...
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Matthew wroteCOLONI wouldnt say its his stats that decrease his value but age and contract, at this point. Hes still a good goalie. Just half the league is rebuilding and most competing teams either have goalies or cant afford that contract. There is a very small or even nil amount of gms willing to pay a significant amount for this goalie. Id rather pay a 1st for a young potential starter with upside than blow my load on a goalie with 1-3 years left in his career and once that time is up won't be easily retradable.

More just that he isn’t good relative to his 7M cap hit. Like yea he’s a fine goalie but as a real GM I’m not content paying 7M for fine. Saros has been comparable to him for a little while and I’m sure if they could get similar results for much cheaper they would but guaranteed contracts limit that.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONI wouldnt say its his stats that decrease his value but age and contract, at this point. Hes still a good goalie. Just half the league is rebuilding and most competing teams either have goalies or cant afford that contract. There is a very small or even nil amount of gms willing to pay a significant amount for this goalie. Id rather pay a 1st for a young potential starter with upside than blow my load on a goalie with 1-3 years left in his career and once that time is up won't be easily retradable.

More just that he isn’t good relative to his 7M cap hit. Like yea he’s a fine goalie but as a real GM I’m not content paying 7M for fine. Saros has been comparable to him for a little while and I’m sure if they could get similar results for much cheaper they would but guaranteed contracts limit that.
True. You'd rather pay 4 million for one of the worst goalies in the league. Forgive me if I don't take your fantasy advice relating to goaltending seriously.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON

True. You'd rather pay 4 million for one of the worst goalies in the league. Forgive me if I don't take your fantasy advice relating to goaltending seriously.
Any goalie on a good team is a good fantasy goalie which is what Rinne is and I don’t dispute that. To say he’s going to be the elite goalie he was this year for the next multiple years is very optimistic. I’m not sure where the personal attacks come in but my apologies for providing opinion rather than “rinne is good” and “ur stupid”.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Malette18 wroteCOLON Any goalie on a good team is a good fantasy goalie which is what Rinne is and I don’t dispute that. To say he’s going to be the elite goalie he was this year for the next multiple years is very optimistic. I’m not sure where the personal attacks come in but my apologies for providing opinion rather than “rinne is good” and “ur stupid”.
You said Rinne was ''fine'' - which is in fact you disputing that Rinne is a good fantasy goalie. Good is much better then fine. There weren't any personal attacks. I just said that your fantasy advice seems to not add up - you said you don't want to pay 7 mil for Rinne but are happy to pay 4 for AHL quality goaltending in Mrazek. Seems like a no-brainer to pay the extra 3 for what was and may still be the best fantasy goalie.

In general terms, why would anyone not want to pay 7 million for one of the best (#1 this year) goalies on one of the best teams? It's like saying you wouldn't pay 11 million for McDavid or 8.7 for Crosby back in the day. It's crazy talk. If you are on a contending team and your goaltending is poor - you aren't going to win a damn thing, especially when your GP are capped and quality >> quantity.

Anyways, there are plenty of naysayers aren't these parts surrounding Rinne's cap hit. Luckily he's only got one year left, so it'll drop quite a bit afterwards. Perhaps he goes to a worse team, or perhaps he goes to a team where he can push them over the edge? Either way, he's a good bet to play another three years min. His value is still very good, and it seems like someone is going to get a steal should anyone man up and make an offer worthwhile.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Malette18 wroteCOLON Any goalie on a good team is a good fantasy goalie which is what Rinne is and I don’t dispute that. To say he’s going to be the elite goalie he was this year for the next multiple years is very optimistic. I’m not sure where the personal attacks come in but my apologies for providing opinion rather than “rinne is good” and “ur stupid”.
You said Rinne was ''fine'' - which is in fact you disputing that Rinne is a good fantasy goalie. Good is much better then fine. There weren't any personal attacks. I just said that your fantasy advice seems to not add up - you said you don't want to pay 7 mil for Rinne but are happy to pay 4 for AHL quality goaltending in Mrazek. Seems like a no-brainer to pay the extra 3 for what was and may still be the best fantasy goalie.

In general terms, why would anyone not want to pay 7 million for one of the best (#1 this year) goalies on one of the best teams? It's like saying you wouldn't pay 11 million for McDavid or 8.7 for Crosby back in the day. It's crazy talk. If you are on a contending team and your goaltending is poor - you aren't going to win a damn thing, especially when your GP are capped and quality >> quantity.

Anyways, there are plenty of naysayers aren't these parts surrounding Rinne's cap hit. Luckily he's only got one year left, so it'll drop quite a bit afterwards. Perhaps he goes to a worse team, or perhaps he goes to a team where he can push them over the edge? Either way, he's a good bet to play another three years min. His value is still very good, and it seems like someone is going to get a steal should anyone man up and make an offer worthwhile.
I was talking more about his actual play rather than fantasy so I guess that's where we got a little mixed up. I inquired on Rinne when I was moving Price so I don't think he's a bad fantasy goalie just not worth all the hype of being an elite real goalie. I needed a goalie at the deadline or let the season slip away. Price + whatever you wanted for Rinne seemed like a worse move than Mrazek + Butcher for Price as I was getting a young D man and young starter (at the time) who has lots of years left to ride out the ups and downs of his past. Rinne best case scenario I got 2-3 years left for Price + whatever else you were going to gouge off me.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Well 1st of all, you make 7 mil sound like it isn't much for than 4 mil. I'm sure most of us would love to receive a 43% pay increase at our current jobs. Is Rinne at 7 mil worth more than Mrazek at 4 mil to a contending team? Probably so, but it also isn't exactly that simple. If you are up against the cap and competing, clearing 3 mil in cap space isn't necessarily that easy without damaging your roster elsewhere.

Second of all, he will play an additional 3 years min? He will turn 37 at the start of next season. I'd say it's far from a safe bet to say he is a starting NHL goalie for 3 more years. I'd say it's far more likely that he signs a 1-2 year deal to be a backup somewhere after next yesr(perhaps even nashville), signs a professional contract overseas, or retires than to bet on him being a starter much less elite starter for 3 more years.

Nobody is saying he isn't a quality goalie, but there are a lot of factors going against you getting a haul for him.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONWell 1st of all, you make 7 mil sound like it isn't much for than 4 mil. I'm sure most of us would love to receive a 43% pay increase at our current jobs. Is Rinne at 7 mil worth more than Mrazek at 4 mil to a contending team? Probably so, but it also isn't exactly that simple. If you are up against the cap and competing, clearing 3 mil in cap space isn't necessarily that easy without damaging your roster elsewhere.

Second of all, he will play an additional 3 years min? He will turn 37 at the start of next season. I'd say it's far from a safe bet to say he is a starting NHL goalie for 3 more years. I'd say it's far more likely that he signs a 1-2 year deal to be a backup somewhere after next yesr(perhaps even nashville), signs a professional contract overseas, or retires than to bet on him being a starter much less elite starter for 3 more years.

Nobody is saying he isn't a quality goalie, but there are a lot of factors going against you getting a haul for him.
There were at least three teams that talked to me about Rinne that were serious contenders. All three of them chose cheaper options and lost - with poor goaltending being a contributing factor. I agree that it is not easy to find another 3 million, but sometimes you have to make it work to win. Those three teams did not and they saw their seasons get flushed down the toilet. Maybe I just value goaltending more than your average joe, and that's fine. To each their own.

Also, Pekka turns 36 and not 37 next season. To think he can be a starter until he is 39 is not crazy at all. He may not be playing 60+ games at that age, but if Luongo can do it, Pekka can as well. As well, I have come to terms with the fact that I am not going to get a ''haul'' for him - however, he still has good value and will not be trading him for JT freaking Brown lol.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

To be fair, Fleury literally won me the first 3 rounds of our playoffs. I lost because Matt's entire team was stronger than mine.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONTo be fair, Fleury literally won me the first 3 rounds of our playoffs. I lost because Matt's entire team was stronger than mine.
assuming you were one of the 3 teams - I'd go with Fleury too over Rinne
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

To be fair, they would've lost with Rinne as well.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONTo be fair, they would've lost with Rinne as well.
And this, Rinne vs Fleury wouldn't have made a difference.

I actually had a deal in place for Rinne, but decided to go with Fleury, even though the price was higher for Fleury. I needed the cap savings.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONTo be fair, Fleury literally won me the first 3 rounds of our playoffs. I lost because Matt's entire team was stronger than mine.
Was not including your team - you acquired a good goalie - on par with Rinne throughout the year.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONTo be fair, they would've lost with Rinne as well.
They may have all lost in the finals - but at least one of the teams would have made it there or came damn close (without having the numbers in front of me)
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

I would have taken Rinne over Mrazek for my playoff run if the asking price wasn't Price +.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to