NYR - NSH

Negotiate your trades here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NYR - NSH

Post by Lee »

What is there to vote on? The deal was accepted after the deadline.

If anything, a vote for this trade to go through shows clear bias in favor of a member of the CC. The failure is Mik's understanding and acceptance of the rules.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I disagree that it shows bias. We've voted on things recently that were clear in the rules and very unlikely to go through. (Cam wanting an exception for one of his longtime centers that had been moved to wing at positional update) It ends long-winded unneeded arguments.

On another note, i feel we need to make our rules more clear, and inform the league they are to be followed as they are written now, no matter what weak precedent previously occurred due to the rules not being properly followed. Just because a rule wasnt followed, doesnt mean we ahould continue to not follow it. And if a rule has been changed to include a MUST then the previous precedent ahould no longer apply because the rule is now different.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Matthew wroteCOLONI disagree that it shows bias. We've voted on things recently that were clear in the rules and very unlikely to go through. (Cam wanting an exception for one of his longtime centers that had been moved to wing at positional update) It ends long-winded unneeded arguments.

On another note, i feel we need to make our rules more clear, and inform the league they are to be followed as they are written now, no matter what weak precedent previously occurred due to the rules not being properly followed. Just because a rule wasnt followed, doesnt mean we ahould continue to not follow it. And if a rule has been changed to include a MUST then the previous precedent ahould no longer apply because the rule is now different.

Really..how much more clear can it BE

6-7: Trade deadline is 6pm (on the designated deadline day – same day as NHL deadline day unless otherwise noted) and trade MUST BE POSTED AND CONFIRMED or it will not go through.

(DEADLINE 1) a line drawn within or around a prison that a prisoner passes at the risk of being shot
2) a date or time before which something must be done)
Last edited by 2 on dave1959, edited 0 times in total.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Everyone...should read this and KNOW IT.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14161
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

What's even being argued here exactly?
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLONWhat's even being argued here exactly?
That miks trade is valid based on precedent.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON So why are you fighting so hard then?
there have been assholes laughing at the simple idea the deal being good or not could have been debatable, despite what people said and did in the past.

And in case you didn't notice the difference, unlike those others this deal was posted (and agreed) before the deadline.
I don't even know what to do with this lol! What does what anyone liking or disliking have to do with the deal being confirmed late? Carry on though.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
So then any time we create or adjust a rule it can be circumvented if there was a past occurrence before the rule change? Doesn't make much sense to me, personally.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

I think it's pretty clear this is not a trade that should be accepted. CC let's just vote and put this to bed officially.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
So then any time we create or adjust a rule it can be circumvented if there was a past occurrence before the rule change? Doesn't make much sense to me, personally.
Basically. This has kept me entertained on a slow day though.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON One was payment of a bet and the other was.. also involving you.
there are three there, not two
Ah yes, the Dana Tyrell sweepstakes of '15. Regardless, player details should be irrelevant, as is my statement, apparently. It was posted and confirmed at 6:01. If only you had fought so fervently to reverse that trade as you are to allow this one...
you are still failing to see the difference between the two deals? this was posted before the deal, the other was posted after the deadline.
And I'm not even fighting for this to go through..
Lee wroteCOLON
I guess there is some consistency in the league after all. :roll:
there were no complaints actually (when you are really complaining you make it abundantly clear), which if anything shows no consistency in how the league reacted. It's like that time it was fine cause they were all happy I overpaid for Ribeiro, whereas in this case they clearly didn't like me getting Drouin for T.Johnson.
(the only guy saying I was overpaying for Drouin did it privately, didn't complain in the thread)
Apathy is a hell of a drug.
As is the absolute joy I get out of watching you try to spin this to get the deal pushed through, despite clearly violating the deadlines stated well before the actual deadline.
your bias cloud you, the fact this particular deal was going to be the first one of this kind not to go through was clear very soon, so me pushing the argument has not to do with the deal approval, it has to do with showing how people react differently to similar situations depending on who are the names involved (players and GMs), which you're confirming to be the case with the totally retarded and out of place comment that 'rules for mik are different'
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
false
Arian The Insider wroteCOLONSo then any time we create or adjust a rule it can be circumvented if there was a past occurrence before the rule change? Doesn't make much sense to me, personally.
only, the rule never changed, it is changing now the hard way it is implemented for the first time, which is fine, but not as obvious as people suggest

if anything, the 'change' that was suggested inside CC (see highlighted copied posts earlier in this thread) was to clarify that deals posted before the deadline could still be approved after it only if both forum and fantrax were done before roster lock.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

I just don’t get the effort being put forth here and I have to disagree with different situations depends who the GM is. Frankly I was at my moms viewing/funeral during the deal you referenced previously.

Not even that was accepted and I accepted it so I can’t really see how anyone could argue favoritism especially with previous points already made in this thread
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONI just don’t get the effort being put forth here and I have to disagree with different situations depends who the GM is. Frankly I was at my moms viewing/funeral during the deal you referenced previously.

Not even that was accepted..
because the deal was posted after the deadline, so that is not a precedent here
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

kyuss wroteCOLON
lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONI just don’t get the effort being put forth here and I have to disagree with different situations depends who the GM is. Frankly I was at my moms viewing/funeral during the deal you referenced previously.

Posted AND confurmed idk understand how precedent beats that ever
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

kyuss wroteCOLON

That was more in reference to the it depends who it is or such comment. I just don’t see that especially with the new rule and it’s black and white so there aren’t any loopholes.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's not really about there being a precedent. The reason the deadline is at 6 instead of 7 is so that after our trade deadline passes, we have an hour to get our trades pushed through on Fantrax and we can our lineups the way we want them. If this issue happened at 6 or 7...the bottom line is we picked a designated time for the deadline. Get your trades posted and confirmed by the deadline...simple as that.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

At least through this we managed to make clear that after about 9 yrs, starting today, we finally go with the rule, simple as that
(I mean, even when it didn't come from a resolution inside the CC)
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

I wouldnt do any last minute deadline deals on forums via pm, period.
Texts only
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

I don't think that was a factor kim, and not all GMs have all others' mobile contact lol
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to