LAK - PIT

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

LAK - PIT

Post by The BBKL Insider »

To Los Angeles:
Reilly Smith

To Pittsburgh:
Tanner Pearson
Andrew Shaw
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Re: LAK - PIT

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Steve doing work. Thanks man... will miss Smith - having a studly year.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Jesus Christ

Amen
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Is there a league wide mandate to make Steve win?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

And people thought I pulled a rape...haha.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Rielly Smith >>>> other crap here.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

To be fair Caspar yours was probably worse, imo anyways, given the teams involved, this isn't a terrible trade, just funny to see Steve make a bunch of incredible deals in a row... just like the old days.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONTo be fair Caspar yours was probably worse, imo anyways, given the teams involved, this isn't a terrible trade, just funny to see Steve make a bunch of incredible deals in a row... just like the old days.
2 mediocre players for a near ppg player this year with a ton of shtoi is less Rapey? At least Jordan got an upgrade lol!
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONTo be fair Caspar yours was probably worse, imo anyways, given the teams involved, this isn't a terrible trade, just funny to see Steve make a bunch of incredible deals in a row... just like the old days.
it’s almost like it depends who who you are haha
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Pearson and Smith's stats aren't that far apart.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
2 mediocre players for a near ppg player this year with a ton of shtoi is less Rapey? At least Jordan got an upgrade lol!
Did he though, I'm not sure it will be an upgrade beyond the next few weeks while McCabe is out...
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONPearson and Smith's stats aren't that far apart.
:lol:
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Did he though, I'm not sure it will be an upgrade beyond the next few weeks while McCabe is out...
He was already a huge upgrade for this season even before McCabe got hurt.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Except McCabe is two years younger and outperformed Schmidt as recently as last year, or go back two years when McCabe again was the better player...
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

53 points vs 30 points. Hmmm...

Reilly Smith is the 10th ranked winger.

Tanner Pearson is ranked 42
Andrew Shaw is ranked 147.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

You mean while Schmidt was buried behind a deep Washington defense core? Been over this already. Nothing changed about Schmidt except the role and ice time he was receiving.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Overall stats, not just points.

Pearson and Smith stat-line is almost identical (minus points). I'm certainly not going to give up 2 players for a lesser player. It's like you guys think I got the add on top of Smith. I traded Pearson, who's younger and locked into a good contract and almost identical stats + Andrew Shaw, who is good for 0.5 points per game with hits and FOW from the wing, for a winger who has more points.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Smith easily having the best year of his career - can't see him topping this going forward; great scoring, STP, SHTOI and decent Shots. Pearson and Shaw both better than Smith last year. All similar age. Pearson PK's slightly less than Smith now, but should have his role increase as Dustin Brown gets over his resurgence in the next yr or two. Also, pearson should get a bump in stats with Carter's return... he also hits more.

Shaw gets FOW/Hits and PM's with decent scoring and STP; and has been hurt for a good portion of the year. Hits/PM/FOW are all areas I need help with. Both on deals with solid cap hits for the next 3-4 yrs.

Definitely, win now for Steve, which he can easily do with his depth... I like this for my squad moving forward. At least that's how I looked at it.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Smith easily having the best year of his career - can't see him topping this going forward; great scoring, STP, SHTOI and decent Shots. Pearson and Shaw both better than Smith last year. All similar age. Pearson PK's slightly less than Smith now, but should have his role increase as Dustin Brown gets over his resurgence in the next yr or two. Also, pearson should get a bump in stats with Carter's return... he also hits more.

Shaw gets FOW/Hits and PM's with decent scoring and STP; and has been hurt for a good portion of the year. Hits/PM/FOW are all areas I need help with. Both on deals with solid cap hits for the next 3-4 yrs.

Definitely, win now for Steve, which he can easily do with his depth... I like this for my squad moving forward. At least that's how I looked at it.
Definitely should've gotten more. Smith is an elite piece this year.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Definitely should've gotten more. Smith is an elite piece this year.
I do like this deal for Steve but again its not a bad deal, saying he should have gotten more maybe makes sense, but then ask who is buying players right now? Mike wants to sell off for cap relief and to get depth, Bruyns is killing it and doesn't need more pieces, Mik only needs a goalie, so your market for sellers is essentially Steve.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to