Yanni Gourde

Negotiate your trades here.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: Yanni Gourde

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONThat pick has like a 1% chance of winning the lotto. Also, it being lottery adds value, meaning people would likely give up more pre lottery for it, even thiugh ita highly unlikely it hits the lotto.

Would you trade jeff skinner for a pre-lotto 15th overall pick?
Maybe small odds, but odds nonetheless. I don't want to be that GM who traded a pick pre-lotto and got burnt.

Also, I would not trade for Jeff Skinner. The value for his production is fine, but the concussion issues really kill his value.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONThat pick has like a 1% chance of winning the lotto. Also, it being lottery adds value, meaning people would likely give up more pre lottery for it, even thiugh ita highly unlikely it hits the lotto.

Maybe small odds, but odds nonetheless. I don't want to be that GM who traded a pick pre-lotto and got burnt.

Also, I would not trade for Jeff Skinner. The value for his production is fine, but the concussion issues really kill his value.
He's played essentially full seasons since 2013, not a concern anymore
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

foofnik wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

It's always a concern. Your head doesn't just magically erase a history of concussions.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

It's always a concern. Your head doesn't just magically erase a history of concussions.
Technically any one can be hit and get a concussion at any time, and more than likely alot of guys have had them never reported. People aren't selling Crosby low now because he has had some too. After a while it becomes less of a concern when the player can consistently show they are not hindering them.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

foofnik wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
foofnik wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON

Technically any one can be hit and get a concussion at any time, and more than likely alot of guys have had them never reported. People aren't selling Crosby low now because he has had some too. After a while it becomes less of a concern when the player can consistently show they are not hindering them.
Pretty huge difference between Crosby and Skinner though. You risk it to get a player of Sid's calibre, but not of Skinner's. The risk remains the same.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

After a player has played 3 full healthy easons id be more liàble to take that tisk for sure.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Lee wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Tony wroteCOLONI barely have time to watch my own team... what the fuck do I care about Tampa? If my lack of time offends you, I'll step aside... seriously.
Naw I don’t know who this is either

Who pays attention to 26 year old rookies unless they’re fresh out of one of the euro leagues and considered to be the next big thing
why am I not surprised ?
You’re still around here eh? That’s a shame
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

spite can be a powerful motivator.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to