Cam Ward

Negotiate Trades here as well as post trades when completed!

Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:14 pm

New starting goalie in Carolina. Get your offers in ;)
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kyuss » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:29 am

Is Darling out for the season?





(I'm fully aware of the replies this will bring lol)
User avatar
kyuss
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby Matthew » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:49 am

kyuss wrote:Is Darling out for the season?





(I'm fully aware of the replies this will bring lol)


Juat his stat line.
Matthew
 
Posts: 7531
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby The BBKL Insider » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 am

Matthew wrote:
kyuss wrote:Is Darling out for the season?





(I'm fully aware of the replies this will bring lol)


Juat his stat line.


Burn lol
Image
User avatar
The BBKL Insider
 
Posts: 21276
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Cam Ward

Postby thom54 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:30 am

Matthew wrote:
kyuss wrote:Is Darling out for the season?





(I'm fully aware of the replies this will bring lol)


Juat his stat line.


damn ....

I have him in a cash league. FUcking destroyed my year so far.
User avatar
thom54
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
Location: Kingston, ON

Re: Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 am

kyuss wrote:Is Darling out for the season?





(I'm fully aware of the replies this will bring lol)


Cam Ward 10-2-1 2.53 gaa .917 sv% 6 straight wins and points in 10 straight starts.

Scott Darling 8-10-6 2.87 gaa .896 sv%

Maybe, just maybe you banked on the wrong goalie.
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kyuss » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:00 pm

just maybe, exactly

Nowadays Ward keeps looking like crap to me no matter his current luck
User avatar
kyuss
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kimmer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:01 pm

laine for markstrom + marchessault
2017-2018 Transactions
CAR Google Sheet
Image
- A true liberator of the apprehensive voice -
User avatar
kimmer
 
Posts: 15961
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Markham, Ontario

Re: Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:34 pm

kyuss wrote:just maybe, exactly

Nowadays Ward keeps looking like crap to me no matter his current luck


Tell yourself whatever you need to. Numbers speak for themselves. Not to mention Ward had the net the past 4 games, so he's pretty much taken the job from Darling at this point. Enjoy trying to win a championship with your goaltending :lol:
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby Matthew » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Scott Darling got tonight's start.
Matthew
 
Posts: 7531
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby lightupdadarkness » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Matthew wrote:Scott Darling got tonight's start.


Pretty standard on back to backs not too surprising
User avatar
lightupdadarkness
 
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:42 pm

lightupdadarkness wrote:
Matthew wrote:Scott Darling got tonight's start.


Pretty standard on back to backs not too surprising


Exactly.
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Darling takes another L...Shocking.
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kyuss » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:26 am

CasperX22 wrote:
kyuss wrote:just maybe, exactly

Nowadays Ward keeps looking like crap to me no matter his current luck


Tell yourself whatever you need to. Numbers speak for themselves.

ohh, the numbers.. I keep having the bad habit of watching the players play to judge them, look how much damage that has done to my team.

But since you like to talk about numbers, how about considering a bigger sample?

Ward over the last 4 season has .898 , .910 , .909 , .905 SV%

Darling over the last 4 seasons has .933 (AHL), .936 , .915 , .924 SV%

you sure the numbers speak in Ward’s favour?
User avatar
kyuss
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby Matthew » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 am

If any position is a numbers position it is goalie. A goalie can look quick, have amazing rebound control and great positioning, but if he constantly lets in plenty of goals that's all mute
Matthew
 
Posts: 7531
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:32 am

1. What does any of that have to do with this season?
2. Really? Using AHL numbers and comparing them to NHL numbers? Oh Mik.
3. Darling posting numbers as a backup on a perennial cup contending team vs Ward who has been on one of the worst teams in the NHL are meaningless. Darling doesn't have the protection of being sheltered on one of the best teams in the NHL anymore and has been exposed for what he is.
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kyuss » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:51 am

Matthew wrote:If any position is a numbers position it is goalie. A goalie can look quick, have amazing rebound control and great positioning, but if he constantly lets in plenty of goals that's all mute

see the above numbers
User avatar
kyuss
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby CasperX22 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:27 pm

kyuss wrote:
Matthew wrote:If any position is a numbers position it is goalie. A goalie can look quick, have amazing rebound control and great positioning, but if he constantly lets in plenty of goals that's all mute

see the above numbers


See above...lol! Conviently leave out the 1st year he has ever been a starter at the age of 29 to make a point. Like I said, good luck solving your goaltending problem.
User avatar
CasperX22
 
Posts: 3542
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kyuss » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:53 pm

CasperX22 wrote:1. What does any of that have to do with this season?

I guess this season has effectively proved Price is one of the worst goalies in the league, while Dell, Hutton are the best goalies in the world and Subban is better than Rask, Rinne & c :lol:

2. Really? Using AHL numbers and comparing them to NHL numbers? Oh Mik.

I showed Ward has had bad numbers over the last 4 seasons. Since Darling only played in the NHL the last 3 season I couldn't add his NHL numbers from that year, seems pretty straight forward. If it makes you feel better, you can compare only their numbers from their last 3 season. It is not close anyway.

3. Darling posting numbers as a backup on a perennial cup contending team vs Ward who has been on one of the worst teams in the NHL are meaningless. Darling doesn't have the protection of being sheltered on one of the best teams in the NHL anymore and has been exposed for what he is.

14/15 Crawford .924 , Darling .935
15/16 Crawford .924 , Darling .914
16/17 Crawford .918 , Darling .924

but I guess reading your words here we all learned Crawford is actually awful, people just can't see it because he plays for the Blackhawks!
User avatar
kyuss
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: Cam Ward

Postby kyuss » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:32 pm

CasperX22 wrote:
kyuss wrote:
Matthew wrote:If any position is a numbers position it is goalie. A goalie can look quick, have amazing rebound control and great positioning, but if he constantly lets in plenty of goals that's all mute

see the above numbers

See above...lol! Conviently leave out the 1st year he has ever been a starter at the age of 29 to make a point. Like I said, good luck solving your goaltending problem.

dude, no matter how hard you try, the fact Ward has posted decent numbers over a 14 games span this season (while still looking bad most of the times) doesn't change the fact Darling has been the much better goalie over the previous 4 years at least. If the last couple of months are all that matters to you so be it, but even under the current odd circumstances this season Ward has played so far way less games than Darling, for a starter that sounds a bit odd to me.

As for solving my 'goaltending problem'.. I'll make sure to look into it if it's still around come playoff time.
User avatar
kyuss
 
Posts: 11453
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Next

Return to Trading Block

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests