BUTTON_POST_REPLY
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: DAL-TOR

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLON It takes a team of contributing guys to contend (remember, I had Stamkos, G & Sid, with Weber, and was twice a first round exit).
+1

I've seen lots of examples in fantasy leagues of GMs giving up a lot for star players and ending up with a top heavy roster with 4-6 elite pieces surrounded by a bunch of below average players. It's not a recipe for success and it's the teams with a roster full of good contributing players that usually have success.

I wouldn't have traded Yak though
This
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

What is del zotto worth? A first?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

i sort of think MDZ sucks
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

nice numbers are nice and on philly he is safe, mid first + roster piece at least.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

All Yak will potentially due is score he might score a lot but both the guys I got are better overall BBk players and both still young. You don't actually have to be good at your position in the NHL to be good in this format. Example Brett Burns sucks as an actually NHL Dmam but not in BBk format. So I took an asset that MIGHT score a lot bc of McDavid and turn him into two solid better BBKers. Yak hasn't exactly lived up to the hype but b/c McDavid he all of a sudden became valuable again.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Brent Burns had a #1 Dman voted for the Norris,.

That highlights how silly the NHL awards are.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Del Zotto has elite stats
Especially at 1.3M last year

Yak at 2.5/2 is nice as well
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

I think Del Zotto is a risk to take a hit offensively when Sanheim and/or Gotisbehere crack the flyers roster and slide him down the depth chart. Personally not that high on him, and think his numbers were inflated by being used heavily due to current lack of depth in Philly.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Fraser wroteCOLONI think Del Zotto is a risk to take a hit offensively when Sanheim and/or Gotisbehere crack the flyers roster and slide him down the depth chart. Personally not that high on him, and think his numbers were inflated by being used heavily due to current lack of depth in Philly.
1. Sanheim and Morin are both at least a year away and Ghost pretty much had a lost season. Hextall has openenly stated that he wants Ghost to get aclimated to the pro game in the AHL. I highly doubt he breaks camp with the Flyers. If any of the kids break camp it is between Manning, Hagg, and Alt. That said, the Flyers already have Streit, Grossmann, Schenn, Shultz, and McDonald under NHL contracts.

2. Its not like Del Zorro was getting top pair minutes. He was shuttled between 2nd and 3rd pair due to injuries. Not only that, but he didn't see any time with the top pk unit as that went to Streit. How exactly were his numbers inflated again?
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

well.. luckily i didn't care about the league much anymore.. being too busy with life
#91 - John Tavares
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Fraser wroteCOLONI think Del Zotto is a risk to take a hit offensively when Sanheim and/or Gotisbehere crack the flyers roster and slide him down the depth chart. Personally not that high on him, and think his numbers were inflated by being used heavily due to current lack of depth in Philly.
1. Sanheim and Morin are both at least a year away and Ghost pretty much had a lost season. Hextall has openenly stated that he wants Ghost to get aclimated to the pro game in the AHL. I highly doubt he breaks camp with the Flyers. If any of the kids break camp it is between Manning, Hagg, and Alt. That said, the Flyers already have Streit, Grossmann, Schenn, Shultz, and McDonald under NHL contracts.

2. Its not like Del Zorro was getting top pair minutes. He was shuttled between 2nd and 3rd pair due to injuries. Not only that, but he didn't see any time with the top pk unit as that went to Streit. How exactly were his numbers inflated again?
He was #2 on the Flyers in TOI/GP, 2nd only to Streit. I don't feel that is sustainable ice time to consider him getting in Philadelphia long term, I can understand having a different perspective, I just don't consider him to be getting top pairing icetime long term, when what I consider to be more talented players elevate themselves in the system. Gudas will be in the mix next year as well, and a healthy roster alone pushes his minutes down. Basically my point was that I don't think his production this year is indicative of what you can expect throughout his career, short term he may still get quite a bit of opportunity, but long term I see him getting pushed down.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Fraser wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

He was #2 on the Flyers in TOI/GP, 2nd only to Streit. I don't feel that is sustainable ice time to consider him getting in Philadelphia long term, I can understand having a different perspective, I just don't consider him to be getting top pairing icetime long term, when what I consider to be more talented players elevate themselves in the system. Gudas will be in the mix next year as well, and a healthy roster alone pushes his minutes down. Basically my point was that I don't think his production this year is indicative of what you can expect throughout his career, short term he may still get quite a bit of opportunity, but long term I see him getting pushed down.
I don't think 20 mins is all that unsustainable for him. Theoretically say if Streitbis dealt in the off-season then Del Zotto's role would increase. He contributed minimally on the pp last year. If they were to deal Streit he would likely ascend to the top pp unit with Giroux and Voracek and increase offensive output. The shtoi however I don't see being sustainable. That speaks volumes of how bad the Flyers defense is that Del Zotto saw so much time on the pk.

Also, I'm not convinced the Flyers keep Del Zotto around. They are pretty much cap strapped and largely depends on if they can move any large cap hits in the off-season. Its curious at least that they were so quick to sign Schultz to an extension and not even a peep about Del Zotto. Perhaps he tries to cash in on a career year. I had almost completely forgotten about Guess as well lol! That is 6 NHL defenders (7 if you include Manning who is on an NHL contract) not including Del Zotto. There is still alot up iin the air on the backend. Hell we don't even know who the coach is going to be yet and could sway things one way or the other.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681

Post by Fraser »

Don't have a strong enough opinion on the matter to say your wrong. What it comes down to is he is a risk I wouldn't bank on for the reasons I listed above, not trying to push that opinion down anyones throat, but in private conversations with a few members on here they see an upward trajectory in his career given his age, but personally I don't see it that way. At all. But I didn't watch every flyer game this past year, so maybe his game is taking some huge strides and he will prove me wrong.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Fraser wroteCOLONDon't have a strong enough opinion on the matter to say your wrong. What it comes down to is he is a risk I wouldn't bank on for the reasons I listed above, not trying to push that opinion down anyones throat, but in private conversations with a few members on here they see an upward trajectory in his career given his age, but personally I don't see it that way. At all. But I didn't watch every flyer game this past year, so maybe his game is taking some huge strides and he will prove me wrong.
Oh he was awesome this year. Definitely one of the few bright spots in a lost season. He was phenomenal pushing the puck up the ice and silky smooth as well. He eliminated a lot of the bad plays he made that plagued him earlier in his career and even showed he can at least be adequate in his own end which was by far the most surprising. As long as he has talented forwards to push the puck to he can easily maintain his scoring pace and perhaps even push it a bit more. I wouldn't expect him to continue to kill penalties. He definitely showed me more than I ever thought he was capable of doing.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

And for the record, I wouldnt have let Yak go for what he did. The 2 picks he had to add are what make this deal iffy for me from his perspective.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

hong57 wroteCOLONwell.. luckily i didn't care about the league much anymore.. being too busy with life
Lol.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONAnd for the record, I wouldnt have let Yak go for what he did. The 2 picks he had to add are what make this deal iffy for me from his perspective.
Please get an avatar so peeps know ur Colorado :p.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

hong57 wroteCOLONwell.. luckily i didn't care about the league much anymore.. being too busy with life
LOL i wanna b like u but still not there yet. I need a gf
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

kimmer wroteCOLON
LOL i wanna b like u but still not there yet. I need a gf
Its all about time management. IMO during the summer its good to take a month off or so.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Filthy casual.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to