BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: 2021 Draft Discussion

Post by kimmer »

ok I'll chime in to end it all.
We mostly view this situation as something of a short term value gain (until prospect pans out). This type of cross sectional valuation based on real life outcome isn't anything new or ground breaking. We r humans with feelings and need for validation at every checkpoint of given storyline. It just fuckin feels good when we drafted a kid 40 spots past his real life draft position mostly because we were cost effective in making such successful selection. I got a guy i wanted with my first rd pick but hey i got another real life first rounder with my second!!. And we gonna use that as a leverage in any deal involving him because we can. Ultimate hope is that you got validated by real life GM as being true to its original intent fsr down the road. Besides, it's unlikely for the next few yrs, that these cost effectively picked prospect will not likely be traded for anything less than what they VALUE HIM AT. Get it? He's a first rd pick in real jhl. So he will be valued as such. Not a 3rd rd prospect that I myself accidentally valued him at.

Shoals on the other hand, looks at way too many angles to this situation. You automatically block out the exciting realm of possibility that, such successful cost effective selection will actually pan out in the end. You tryin maintain this attitude of every prospect outside of maybe top three are likely crapshoot. You may be right. However try to see the logic (or illogic) of paragraph above. Guys are just simply excited and cannot exclude their rights in wanting to value them more than they should.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Kimmer playing 4d chess looking to draft guys to become stars in the, as of yet, nonexistent JHL
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Japanese Hockey League. google it
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

kimmer wroteCOLONJapanese Hockey League. google it
Not what it's called. JHL is the Japan Handball League lol
CanadianRednek(TOR)
PostsCOLON 176
JoinedCOLON Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:01 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, Ontario

Post by CanadianRednek(TOR) »

What has this league come to that Kimmer is trying to be the rational one?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

CanadianRednek(TOR) wroteCOLONWhat has this league come to that Kimmer is trying to be the rational one?
im one of those guys that couldve done better but never tries
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

kimmer wroteCOLON
CanadianRednek(TOR) wroteCOLONWhat has this league come to that Kimmer is trying to be the rational one?
If Kimmer ever goes all in, it'll be on the same Level of destruction as Thanos with all the infinity stones.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

DApolloS wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLON
If Kimmer ever goes all in, it'll be on the same Level of destruction as Thanos with all the infinity stones.
For some reason, I picture Kimmer more as an Ant-Man. I think Bruyns has Thanos locked up given the destruction he reigns on this league.

Could also be Steve and his overall lack of care for destroying the weak GMs in trades.
Last edited by 1 on Da_Hawks, edited 0 times in total.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Shang-chi
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

I'm Pete, from X-Force.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Finally got the NHL draft results plugged in...

Two players from our 2019 draft were selected...Xavier Simoneau and Janis Jerome Moser.
Three players from our 2020 draft were selected...Dmitri Rashevsky, Ethan Cardwell and Simon Knak.

152 players taken in the BBKL draft were selected in the 2021 NHL draft.

49 of 224 BBKL picks in 2021 went undrafted.

For reference, 37 players from the 2020 BBKL draft and 32 players from the 2019 BBKL draft are undrafted.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Traded back out of the 1st to draft an over-ager (Ben McCartney) in the 2nd who was a 7th rounder in the NHL draft in 2020. Knew it was extremely risky, but quite liked McCartney who came from my local of the WHL. Glad to see just a few months later he is making his NHL debut! and that it wasn't an entirely ignorant pick by myself...although I probably could have gotten him in the 3rd round or even later.

Moved back from 31st for 35+67
Then moved back from 35 for 39+93+6th in 22

39. Ben McCartney (drafted 204 2020 NHL)
67. Connor Roulette (drafted 111th NHL)
93. Ilya Fedotov (drafted 43rd NHL)
6th rounder 2022
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to