Draft Discussion

Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Draft Discussion

Post by Shoalzie »

Don't worry, you can expose a UFA if they are eligible list for the draft. A lot of us are going to have goalies that are currently unsigned. Some of us might even protect an unsigned goalie.

From an NHL perspective, that stuff matters more because you could draft a pending UFA but they're signing rights go away if they aren't signed before free agency starts.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Ok good. Thank you for clarity
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Post by Brian »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONDraft-Eligible Waiver-Exempt Players (By BBKL Team):

David Kase F (VGK)
Dmitry Sokolov F (VGK)
Joey Daccord G (VGK)
Mason Shaw F (VGK)
Tanner Jeannot F (VGK)
Yegor Sharangovich F (VGK)
So, just as a clarification for me. Even those these players appear on my "protect" list in the expansion draft tab of my google page, because they are waiver-exempt they do not need to protected. Is that correct?
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Post by DApolloS »

Brian wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONDraft-Eligible Waiver-Exempt Players (By BBKL Team):

David Kase F (VGK)
Dmitry Sokolov F (VGK)
Joey Daccord G (VGK)
Mason Shaw F (VGK)
Tanner Jeannot F (VGK)
Yegor Sharangovich F (VGK)
So, just as a clarification for me. Even those these players appear on my "protect" list in the expansion draft tab of my google page, because they are waiver-exempt they do not need to protected. Is that correct?
No, I believe they are just letting you know which players are eligible to be taken in the Expansion Draft but they are waiver exempt in our league, which means they can be moved up and down freely between your roster and the minors.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

That was my understanding as well ^^^
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Brian, I fixed a bug on your sheet just now...I think you're on it too. Slavin was showing up twice on defense.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

With those waiver lists, I'm just letting all you guys know which of your draft-eligible players are waiver exempt for next season if that potentially plays a part in deciding on one player or another.

Honestly, I should've designed the sheet to show that waiver status but I did this well before the season ended where GP totals weren't official.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

those green flags don't seem to work though
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I acknowledge there are a few bugs with the expansion sheet...more of it has to do with the information updating to your sheet and not having it revert every time you load it. The functionality is straight-forward but I had to cobble together the information to go onto this particular sheet.

Part of what I'll do with next season's lineup sheets...I'm working with how the information gets funneled into everyone's sheets. Maybe if means you guys get it a little later than I plan, I'd rather it perform better.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONWith those waiver lists, I'm just letting all you guys know which of your draft-eligible players are waiver exempt for next season if that potentially plays a part in deciding on one player or another.

Honestly, I should've designed the sheet to show that waiver status but I did this well before the season ended where GP totals weren't official.
Got it. Cheers.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Reminder, 7 p.m. tomorrow night (June 12) is the deadline to get your protection lists in.

Please fill them out in Google but as I mentioned before, make it a point to post your list in the "Protection Lists" thread as confirmation to make sure the correct players off your team don't appear as available to David. I will spend this weekend confirming your selections and making sure the right information goes to Seattle so he can make his selections next week.

Thanks to everyone who has gotten their lists done so far.

For everyone's clarification, you can still work out deals to protect players not on your protection list after Saturday's deadline. Only one deal of this kind has been posted so far. The league-wide trade freeze will be lifted once David has made his final selection.

The next big date on our league calendar is the start of our entry draft on Thursday, July 1.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

what happens if someone doesn't get their list posted in time?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

protection tab is buggy
i cjecked off the players but its not populating properly on the left
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

13 of 31 lists posted
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLONprotection tab is buggy

Just looked your at your sheet, I see the problem. Did you deleted the checkbox in A1 on accident?

A lot of this stuff is automated. You just had to select your players and the two protection list options will populate on their own as you progressed.

Are you leaning towards the 7 F / 3 D / 1 G option?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Just deciding on one last player to protect. List will be done on time promise :)!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONprotection tab is buggy

Just looked your at your sheet, I see the problem. Did you deleted the checkbox in A1 on accident?

A lot of this stuff is automated. You just had to select your players and the two protection list options will populate on their own as you progressed.

Are you leaning towards the 7 F / 3 D / 1 G option?
yes 731
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

We aren't doing this, but it's an interesting scenario in the NHL I just read:

Seattle has a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any unprotected pending FA (restricted or unrestricted, one per team) If a team loses a player to seattle during the signing window it will not have a player selected from its roster during the draft.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Wpuld be interesting if they could poach a couple of the big name UFAs and build around that.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Matthew wroteCOLONWe aren't doing this, but it's an interesting scenario in the NHL I just read:

Seattle has a 48 hour window prior to the draft to sign any unprotected pending FA (restricted or unrestricted, one per team) If a team loses a player to seattle during the signing window it will not have a player selected from its roster during the draft.
Why wouldn’t they just wait until after the window agree in principle and sign the player and take a player.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to