BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

2021 Draft Discussion

Post by Shoalzie »

I need to get caught up on updating the picks on Google through all our trades but I'll put together the lottery watch page this weekend.

Two wrinkles of note with the upcoming draft, reminder that the lottery is only for the first two picks instead of top three and Seattle is slotted in as the #3 team in the lottery order.

Everyone above 30th place in the standings are bumped down one spot in the lottery order. We'll have 16 total teams in the lottery.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

I'm going to assume they do the lottery somewhere between the first and second round of the playoffs?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Re: 2021 Draft Discussion

Post by DApolloS »

What's that? Seattle #1? Sure, why not!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

You'll end up somewhere in the top 5.

Vegas ended up picking #6 in their first draft (Cody Glass) because they didn't come up in any of the draws for #1, #2 or #3. That was the weird draft where Philadelphia (finished 19th) and Dallas (finished 24th) moved up into the top 3. Colorado fell from the best odds down to #4 but they picked some guy named Makar...I think they'll be fine.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638

Post by DApolloS »

Honestly, the top 10 is going to be a crap shoot. Like Casper said in another thread, the first 50 picks is going to be nuts.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Draft Lottery is June 2nd.

Someone sell me a lottery pick.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I lost track of the days...it's nice to know the lottery is tomorrow night. One month out from the start of our draft.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

OMG!
Go Rangers Go!
Go Blackhawks Go!
Go Yotes Go!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

This could be a big draft for Kyle...7 first round picks including 5 in the top 20 along along with #24 and #30. Very curious to see what direction he goes with these picks.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThis could be a big draft for Kyle...7 first round picks including 5 in the top 20 along along with #24 and #30. Very curious to see what direction he goes with these picks.
I’m so excited...hopefully the lottery goes well *fingers crossed*. I do have some plans of action that I’d like to execute. We will see how it goes...

The Florida, Pitt and at Louis picks fell in nice spots being 18, 19 and 20. That really stood out for me
Last edited by 1 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

redundant! trade one to me for Corey Perry!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

kyuss wroteCOLONredundant! trade one to me for Corey Perry!
It’s a nice feeling going into a draft lottery/draft with all this ammunition. Gonna have to make this a regular occurrence
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

here’s the thing with the Coyotes. Because of illegal prospect testing under former GM John Chayka, the NHL has already fined them and taken away their first-round pick in 2021. But they’re still involved in the lottery and if the Coyotes are chosen for either of the top two picks, it’ll have to be redrawn. We might not find out that happened until afterwards.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nh ... -outcomes/

uh oh, what happens if the Yotes are drawn out for one of the two draws?

I guess the re-draw would not count for us if we learn the Yotes were drawn out before.

But suppose Yotes are the first winner for #1, re-draw is needed.. it's the initial draw for #2 that is not going to count for us?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Scott, does this take into account BOS moving down due to missing GP?
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638

Post by DApolloS »

kyuss wroteCOLON
here’s the thing with the Coyotes. Because of illegal prospect testing under former GM John Chayka, the NHL has already fined them and taken away their first-round pick in 2021. But they’re still involved in the lottery and if the Coyotes are chosen for either of the top two picks, it’ll have to be redrawn. We might not find out that happened until afterwards.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nh ... -outcomes/

uh oh, what happens if the Yotes are drawn out for one of the two draws?

I guess the re-draw would not count for us if we learn the Yotes were drawn out before.

But suppose Yotes are the first winner for #1, re-draw is needed.. it's the initial draw for #2 that is not going to count for us?
Yes, a redraw will happen. So instead of just punishing the franchise by taking away the 1st, they are also punishing the fan base by having them involved in the lottery. I expect to see Chayka's head on a pike if they won the lottery and get redrawn.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Luckily very low chance they win a top 2 spot. Only 6%
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

This is incorrect. Boston finished 9th last. Then we add seattle pick...so they are 10th. But then they also missed gp, so boston should have 11th pick.

Boston then lines up with NHL coyotes, so we can in fact take the 2 selections that the NHL puts forth, since neither nhl coyotes nor bbkl boston is able to win the lottery.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Well, we did find out which team won the #1 pick in the first draw last year when they shared the behind-the-scenes footage with Bettman and the ball guys.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen tonight...low odds for the Coyotes spot to come up.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Let me know the ruling with Boston...I'll adjust the standings.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLON
This is incorrect. Boston finished 9th last. Then we add seattle pick...so they are 10th. But then they also missed gp, so boston should have 11th pick.
hah, so I need to cheer for the Sens rather than the Coyotes? good to know! and I don't mind that (unless they Yotes get indeed drawn out lol)
Matthew wroteCOLONBoston then lines up with NHL coyotes, so we can in fact take the 2 selections that the NHL puts forth, since neither nhl coyotes nor bbkl boston is able to win the lottery.
lol that's awesome.
Edit: good thing, as they didn't show the draw, so we as of now we can't tell if a re-draw was needed
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to